Linville Gorge ,NC Nov 8-10

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 2, 2006
      Anyone interested in joining me & Youngblood for a 2 night, 3 day
      campout in Linville Gorge Nov 8-10 (Wed-Fri)? It'll be a moderate hike
      with same campsite both Wed & Thur nights. We'll be testing some of
      our new cold weather hammock designs, looking for the perfect hammock
      group site along the river, exploring the gorge, & kicking back in camp
      a lot. Low temps should be in the 30s, highs 50-70. Linville Gorge
      Wilderness Area is in western NC, about 45 mi east of Asheville.
      Anyone interested can go in with us about 1pm Wed, or can meet us in
      camp at any time. Email me off List for more info:
      ed@...

      ...Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List
      Author, Hammock Camping book
      Editor, Hammock Camping Newsletters
      Owner, Speer Hammocks, Inc
    • Coy
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006
        you retired guys really get on my nerves...

        Coy Boy

      • karens62@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006
          mine too. I go to work and they go galivanting - somethings just wrong in the world. Of crouse, Ed will tell you this is just research and a required part of his business :)

          Karen

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006
            reserch... yeah that`s it! research!
            sounds like a good reason to go camping to me <G>. ...tim

            karens62@... wrote: mine too. I go to work and they go galivanting - somethings just wrong in the world. Of crouse, Ed will tell you this is just research and a required part of his business :)

            Karen.
            ..

          • Jeff
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006
              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, karens62@... wrote:

              > Of crouse, Ed will tell you this is just research and a required
              part of his business :)

              I bet he even writes off food, gas money and car mileage as business
              expenses. And if he doesn't, he should start! :p

              Jeff
            • jack_tier
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006

                > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, karens62@ wrote:
                > >
                > > Of crouse, Ed will tell you this is just research and a required
                > part of his business :)
                >
                > I bet he even writes off food, gas money and car mileage as business
                > expenses. And if he doesn't, he should start! :p
                >
                > Jeff

                R&D as well as testing...sure you bet.... BTW....Jack and I get a lot
                of conference time in the truck just getting there... the trail and a
                hang out is the best catalyst for new and refined ideas...such as how
                to reduce taxes...

                Oh yea... we'll be on the AT hiking Jennings Creek to Troutdale...9-11
                Nov testing qults, etc.... some really neat "etc" coming to a trail
                near you.. :-))))

                Pan
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 6, 2006
                  Yeah, It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it-and I do about as well as
                  the next guy..Ed

                  Moderator, Hammock Camping List

                  Editor, Hammock Camping News

                  Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

                  _____

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 6, 2006
                    .ed... i won`t be able to get that extra day off. mabey i`ll get in on another one.
                    you & dave enjoy... while the rest of us endure civilization <G> ...tim

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 6, 2006
                      We'll definitely miss ya Tim. Currently we have 4 confirmed for the hike.
                      Now it looks like our recent clear 30s are going to give way to 40s & rain
                      for the hike! Anyway, both Dave & I have some new cold weather hammock gear
                      to test. We still plan on hitting the trailhead early afternoon on Wed..Ed

                    • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 7, 2006
                        We still plan on hitting the trailhead early afternoon
                        > on Wed..Ed

                        I thought I was going pull a rabbit out of my hat and get to tag along
                        but the powers that be wouldn't cooperate. You guys have a good time
                        and be safe.

                        Brian
                        T-BACK
                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 8, 2006
                          We're all packed & ready to head out. It would have been great if you could
                          make it. Let's plan on another hike soon..Ed