First night in the Mosquito Traveler (Byers)

  • Sandy Kramer
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2006
      I used my camping hammock (Byer's Mosquito Traveller) for the first
      time last weekend. IT WAS THE BEST NIGHT'S SLEEP I HAVE HAD IN YEARS!

      I suffer from arthritis and am usually in agony when I get up, but not
      in the hammock. Temp went to the low 50s (cold for us Floridians), so
      I was glad to have 6 panels of the Z-rest - could feel the difference.

      Fortunately, I didn't need to get up in the middle of the night, but
      was wearing my Feathered Friends Rock Wren sleeping bag, so it wouldn't
      have been that bad.

      Only problem I had was when I tried to turn and the pad didn't move
      with me.

      I need to learn how to do those knots!!

      sandy in miami
    • teblum
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2006
        Sandy,
        I'm glad your trip went well. Where did you camp? South of Zolfo Springs?

        I noticed that the morning stiffness is much improved when hanging.

        Tom

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy Kramer" <sandykayak@...>
        wrote:

        > I used my camping hammock (Byer's Mosquito Traveller) for the first
        > time last weekend. IT WAS THE BEST NIGHT'S SLEEP I HAVE HAD IN YEARS!
        >
        > I suffer from arthritis and am usually in agony when I get up, but not
        > in the hammock. Temp went to the low 50s (cold for us Floridians), so
        > I was glad to have 6 panels of the Z-rest - could feel the difference.
        >
        > Fortunately, I didn't need to get up in the middle of the night, but
        > was wearing my Feathered Friends Rock Wren sleeping bag, so it wouldn't
        > have been that bad.
        >
        > Only problem I had was when I tried to turn and the pad didn't move
        > with me.
        >
        > I need to learn how to do those knots!!
        >
        > sandy in miami

      • Sandy Kramer
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 6, 2006
          North of Zolfo.. we paddled from Fort Meade to Zolfo. Low water and
          lots of kayak dragging the first day - absolutely glorious on the
          second day.

          Thanks to Dan (Smith?) for leading me to some very reasonably priced
          and lightweight poles I can use for the tarp.