Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: extreme hammocking

  • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2006
      On the plus
      > side, I
      > dont think you would need to worry about a seperate bear bag in
      > that
      > setup.
      >
      > Coy Boy

      Now that's what I call dual use...a bear bag/hammock.:^)

      Brian
      T-BACK
    • Eric Sandberg
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 6, 2006
        Hey, nice to see another rec tree climber / hammock camper in the
        crowd. It's great when you can find a nice horizontal branch to hang
        from. The one advantage that the treeboat has is you can hang it from
        one tie-in point.

        I use a Speer type hammock and plan to experiment with tying the
        hammock to an overhead bar (similar to Risk's Hammock Stand), then
        bring the lines together at one point on the limb. It'll sort of look
        like a diamond with the hammock being the bottom point. Believe me,
        I'll do this "low and slow" the first several times.

        Has anyone tried anything like this?
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 7, 2006
          i belive it would work... as long as everything is strong enough...the pole, the line, the attachment points, the limb.
          do you plan to let it spin or are you going to tie off one end? ...tim

          Eric Sandberg <docteric@...> wrote: Hey, nice to see another rec tree climber / hammock camper in the
          crowd. It's great when you can find a nice horizontal branch to hang
          from. The one advantage that the treeboat has is you can hang it from
          one tie-in point.

          I use a Speer type hammock and plan to experiment with tying the
          hammock to an overhead bar (similar to Risk's Hammock Stand), then
          bring the lines together at one point on the limb. It'll sort of look
          like a diamond with the hammock being the bottom point. Believe me,
          I'll do this "low and slow" the first several times.

          Has anyone tried anything like this?

          .

        • Nathan Denn
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 7, 2006
            Eric,

            You have an interesting if not brilliant idea going! Be sure to post some pics when you have it all figured out. When I took my rec tree climbing training with Tree Climbers International in Atlanta (www.treeclimbing.com) we hung a treeboat both on the ground and in the trees. It was a LOT of work in the trees! I found hanging my Hammock Bliss a lot easier. Your idea seems even easier! Good luck!

            Nate