Re: [Hammock Camping] Using my truck and a tree

  • Brian Neeley
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 30, 2006
      Scott Schroeder <schrochem@...> wrote: I have been thinking about this for a few days and finally did a
      quickie check to see how it would work.
      I posted some pics in the folder 'scott's stuff'
      http://tinyurl.com/yhjlz4
      I think this will work with just about any truck or pickup truck....
      It can also be centered instead of at an angle.
      What I REALLY want to try is to have a trailer hitch made that angles up like
      /
      _/

      If you want to see this "in action" check http://extremehammock.com/ , and look for the pic labeled 'fan submission' (it should be in the second column, second pic down). This guy's upright looks to be perpendicular to his hitch pipe, but I think that an angled upright would work too. If I ever put a trailer hitch on my truck, maybe I'll see if I can get somebody to weld me up one...

      Happy swingin'
      Brian Neeley

      Recent Activity

      15
      New Members

      2
      New Photos

      Visit Your Group

      Camping hammock
      Camping shelters
      Camping tarp

      In Year 2020
      Where Will You Be?
      The Yahoo! Time
      Capsule Project

      Y! Toolbar
      Get it Free!
      easy 1-click access
      to your groups.

      Yahoo! Groups
      Start a group
      in 3 easy steps.
      Connect with others.

      .

    • Scott Schroeder
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2006
        Good point Rick.
        If I was going to do that for a prolonged period of time I'd come up
        with a more cushioned approach. I might also see if I can get to the
        roll bar just below the ceiling and get a tieout there somehow.
        Scott