Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: homemade progress?update

    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 27, 2006
      all right. if we ever get a chance to hike together, i promise i`m not going to try the "wet & rinse the hammock" method<G> ...tim

      Jeff <jwj32542@...> wrote: --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, tim garner wrote:

      > .yes... gotta have those trees! do you think you`ll be back in nc
      in time for some cold weather hammocking? ...tim

      Yep. Hoping to close on 29 Dec.

      Jeff

      ..

    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 27, 2006

        > all right. if we ever get a chance to hike together, i promise i`m
        not going to try the "wet & rinse the hammock" method

        Haha...deal. Besides, the bucket wouldn't be lightweight. Double use
        as a campstool, though. Maybe that's what the folks who had the Hot
        Springs campsite did at that one tree.

        But no wet and rinse, and the hike's on.

        Jeff
      • Sandy Kramer
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 27, 2006
          If you tie a loose "knot" when you put the hammock away, this should
          keep the lines from tangling (too much!). Just remember to undo it
          before you hang it up and put your weight on it!!

          I'm going to try the snake skins this weekend (supposed to be useful
          for tangling lines and rain dripping plus easy up/down) but I'm not
          sure if the package is going to be as small as when it's folded into
          its own pocket.