DIY Question

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2006
      You're right Keith, silnylon is impregnated thru & thru with silicone, not
      coated on one side like urethane nylon. So it is the same on both sides.
      Some non-silicone-treated ripstop has been calendared on one side-a heat
      process that melts the outermost edges of the fibers, making the fabric less
      breathable or more windproof. The calendared side is shinier than the other
      side..Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc