Hammock hanging restrictions???

  • B D
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28 4:39 PM
      does anyone have information about restrictions of hanging hammocks on the AT section starting at Crampton Gap, Maryland to Bears Den Hostel in VA? Somewhere someone said something that hammocks may be prohibited in some areas. We'll be staying at a campsite at Harper's Ferry Hostel one of the nights. Any help will be appreciated. By the way, I hammocked on the AT at Max Patch, NC a couple of weeks ago and was awaken in the night when some critter brushed the bottom side of my hammock where my pad had slipped. Now that was a different sensation.  Thanks for any help.bd

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Message 2 of 2 , May 28 4:54 PM
        Message
        I know of no actual restrictions and I didn't have any problems with that section in 99 or 01.  However, pay close attention to any state parks since they generally have the tighest restrictions...Ed