June Issue of Hammock Camping News available

    Message 1 of 5 , May 28, 2003
      Message
      The June 2003 Issue of Hammock Camping News has just been posted!  See it free at: http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.htm  All past issues are also free at this site

      You can sign up for this free monthly e-zine newsletter at:

      Thanks and h
      appy hammocking...Ed
    • robi dawson
      Message 2 of 5 , May 29, 2003
        Folks,

        it looks like i will go for a Bana and then make my own hammock later.

        The reason being i mentioned the idea of hammock camping at my kids' school

        Several teachers were thrilled with the idea and would like to really see it.

        This being a waldorf school they are also very, very interested in making gear.

        So the theory goes I will show them how cool hammock can be, they will most likely try it and love ti... then i will have to find ways of getting enough material to make hammocks for up to 30 ppl. so an entire class could go on a hammock hike....

        i will also have to try and find ppl/companies willing to donate material (yardage), books etc related to making and using hammocks. the cost of making a single hammock is mroe than a teacher's salary for a month here so donations will be the only way.

        I will have the joy of teachign the kids to make and use their own, just have to learn it all myself first... then i will take them on hikes, winter, spring summer and fall. We will also be on bike tours and canoe/kayak trips.

        BTW, i have to make canoes/kayaks with two or three kids next year as their year long project.. not bad to have a 7th or 8th grader make his/her own boat...

        then i will take them on paddle trips through Hungary, hammocking every night...

        I would like to thank Ed for this site, because it is my lurking here that got me so interested in hammocks and the great answers to my silly newbie questions that gave me enough confidence to decide i can do it!

        so this site/group list will be responsible for the soon to start hammocking craze in Hungary!

        Thanks!!!!

        Robi

        At 06:11 PM 5/28/03 -0400, you wrote:
        The June 2003 Issue of Hammock Camping News has just been posted!  See it free at: http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.htm  All past issues are also free at this site

        You can sign up for this free monthly e-zine newsletter at:
        or send an email to:  Hammock_Camping_News-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Thanks and happy hammocking...Ed

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        1bcc1f5.jpg
        1bcc2a8.jpg

        Message 3 of 5 , May 29, 2003
          Message
          Wow! How exciting Robi! You've started on a very rewarding project and I'm sure the kits are excited too.  Let me be the first to donate to the project--I'll gladly send a complimentary copy of my book; just let me know where to mail it. I'm sure everyone else on the Hammock Camping-List will want to keep up on your progress--hope will keep us informed with stories and photos.  Best of luck and happy hammocking...Ed

          Message 4 of 5 , May 29, 2003
            WOW ed, that's very nice of you!

            I will indeed keep you all posted, photos and such will come eventually.

            robi

            At 10:58 AM 5/29/03 -0400, you wrote:
[...]

            1bcc1f52.jpg
            1bcc2a82.jpg

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            23bcaaa.jpg
            23bcbb0.jpg

          • dawnhark
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 19, 2003
              Robi, I'm way behind in emails here so this has probably already been
              answered, but: Try shopping for the fabris online at
              outdoorwildernessfabrics.com. They are wonderful to deal with--give
              'em a call for recommendations, sale things, etc. Their regular prices
              are very good too.

              Also, maybe if you contact several hammock manufacturers and tell them
              about the project and the kids and the school, some will be able to
              help out in some way. Sounds wonderful, let us know how it goes!

              Dawn, new hammocker (for now I have the Byer Traveller)