Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: cold weather set up

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 4, 2006
      i agree. makes sense to me that the clothing that keeps me warm when i`m up, is part of my sleep system. & like you said, makes getting up less of a shock. ....tim

      dlfrost_1 <dlfrost@...> wrote: --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "John" wrote:
      > Incorporating insulated clothing into my sleep system has worked out
      > great for me too!

      I've always done this, even before converting to hammocks. I've
      always thought it odd that people don't pay more attention to it. The
      colder it gets the greater the proportion of insulation that must be
      shifted to protective clothing. What's the point of having a
      bombproof cold-weather hammock setup if you freeze yourself numb
      fixing breakfast and packing up?

      Doug Frost