Re: [Hammock Camping] SEHHA pics up

  • RevT
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
      Nice pics.

      Brian

      > Got my pics up from the Hot Springs campout. Man, that was a good
      > time - I wish I had time to experience the storm Saturday night! Sure
      > glad I didn't have to drive out in it at 3am, though...
      >
      > http://www.tothewoods.net/HikingPicturesHotSprings.html
      >
      > Jeff

    • Keith
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
        Thanks for the pics, Jeff! Very nice! And thanks for the mention of
        my mods :P Even though I was only there half a day and slept part of
        that....

        If you do try the stuff sack mod instead of the snakeskins, I think
        you'll like it. It's definitely more packable, and IMHO it's a little
        easier for setup and takedown, too. I like it so well that I'm
        probably going to make a larger modded sack to hold my hammock AND
        under/over quilts, for winter use.

        I do like the snakeskins for my tarp, though. They should effectively
        seal it up if I have to pack it wet, preserving the rest of my gear.
        They also give me the option (this was your idea, I think) of leaving
        the tarp skinned in decent weather, making the hammock more open with
        a better night sky view.

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
          good photo report. sorry... i didn`t realize that you hadn`t made the conection between tim & slowhike. BTW... i was there fri night too.
          now i wish i had tightend things up on the tarp before you got those shots<g>
          ...tim

          Jeff <jwj32542@...> wrote: Got my pics up from the Hot Springs campout. Man, that was a good
          time - I wish I had time to experience the storm Saturday night! Sure
          glad I didn't have to drive out in it at 3am, though...

          http://www.tothewoods.net/HikingPicturesHotSprings.html

          Jeff

        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006

            > good photo report. sorry... i didn`t realize that you hadn`t made
            the conection between tim & slowhike. BTW... i was there fri night
            too.
            > now i wish i had tightend things up on the tarp before you got
            those shots<g>
            > ...tim

            DOH! I knew I was leaving somebody off that list. I remembered you
            being there on Friday...sorry about that. It's fixed now.

            Ed said that 15 folks is the most we've had at one of these
            campouts...and we matched that on Saturday night! Well, y'all did...

            Jeff