SEHHA pics up

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
      Got my pics up from the Hot Springs campout. Man, that was a good
      time - I wish I had time to experience the storm Saturday night! Sure
      glad I didn't have to drive out in it at 3am, though...

      http://www.tothewoods.net/HikingPicturesHotSprings.html

      Jeff
    • RevT
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
        Nice pics.

        Brian

        > Got my pics up from the Hot Springs campout. Man, that was a good
        > time - I wish I had time to experience the storm Saturday night! Sure
        > glad I didn't have to drive out in it at 3am, though...
        >
        > http://www.tothewoods.net/HikingPicturesHotSprings.html
        >
        > Jeff

      • Keith
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
          Thanks for the pics, Jeff! Very nice! And thanks for the mention of
          my mods :P Even though I was only there half a day and slept part of
          that....

          If you do try the stuff sack mod instead of the snakeskins, I think
          you'll like it. It's definitely more packable, and IMHO it's a little
          easier for setup and takedown, too. I like it so well that I'm
          probably going to make a larger modded sack to hold my hammock AND
          under/over quilts, for winter use.

          I do like the snakeskins for my tarp, though. They should effectively
          seal it up if I have to pack it wet, preserving the rest of my gear.
          They also give me the option (this was your idea, I think) of leaving
          the tarp skinned in decent weather, making the hammock more open with
          a better night sky view.

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
            good photo report. sorry... i didn`t realize that you hadn`t made the conection between tim & slowhike. BTW... i was there fri night too.
            now i wish i had tightend things up on the tarp before you got those shots<g>
            ...tim

            Jeff <jwj32542@...> wrote: Got my pics up from the Hot Springs campout. Man, that was a good

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006

              > good photo report. sorry... i didn`t realize that you hadn`t made
              the conection between tim & slowhike. BTW... i was there fri night
              too.
              > now i wish i had tightend things up on the tarp before you got
              those shots<g>
              > ...tim

              DOH! I knew I was leaving somebody off that list. I remembered you
              being there on Friday...sorry about that. It's fixed now.

              Ed said that 15 folks is the most we've had at one of these
              campouts...and we matched that on Saturday night! Well, y'all did...

              Jeff