[Hammock Camping] Re: Tarp Tent

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 49 , Oct 3, 2006
      A while ago before converting from tents to tarps - LONG before my
      hammock conversion - I used a candle lantern in my tent during the
      winter. It did provide some extra warmth in my double-wall tent, and
      it kept the condensation down.

      > ed... that conjures up some interresting pictures<G>
      > i don`t know how safely it could be done in reality, but if a
      person could have a candle lantern hanging in something like a stove
      windscreen (as an attachment point) & attached to the bottom, center
      of a hammock sock... a certian amount of heat would rise up around the
      hammock (inside the sock) before exiting/venting at the top... mabey
      along the edges or the at each end???
      > i hope if someone experiments w/ something like that, they will
      be fuly focuced on what they`er doing! and do so at your own risk...
      not because i suggested it.

      Message 49 of 49 , Oct 7, 2006

        > ralph... they`ll have to be the ones from farther south... or alaska, or
        > somewhere.
        > the skeeters in n.c. aren`t big enough. ...tim
        > PS... how big do they get in idaho?

        Two of them together have been known to pick up small children....

        takes about a dozen working together for a steer. :]

        Ralph