[Hammock Camping] Re: light weight hammock failure

  • Rat
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2006
      Looks like you are trying to keep them from bunching up towards the
      hammock support. Good idea. I use a ridgeline so it would be even
      easier for us that do. You could also make them sliding, so that you
      could have them redy, and when it started rainind just pull the cord
      and slide them into place. They look more like a hammock bra than
      boots now. :)

      On a side note, hammocks aside, those photos look like an add for
      Croc's Footwear!

      One of these day's I'm gonna make to HS for one of these. I was
      actually in TN that weekend, but on the West end. I know, I know, it's
      only six hours.

      Rat

      > hey rat... (& anyone else interrested of course), i also put a
      couple photos in the hot springs album that michele took of my set-
      up. a few weeks ago i was trying to explain an idea about covers that
      protect the ends of the hammock from blowing rain, but wasn`t doing to
      good a job of explaining it.
      > what you see in the photos were just the 1st attempt. more later
      on the improved version. ...tim
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2006
        hammock bra??? naw, any thing but that<G>
        it`s really a variation of the sock, or something.
        part of the reason for the elastic cord was to keep them in a position that they would shed any water that did collect on them. that`s the mini, summer version.
        i`m thinking about one unit that would cover the outside/bottom of the hammock too. i saw a photo sgt rock had on white blaze, in the hammock section, were he had something simular on a hh. i need to email him & ask about that.
        man yeah, you should try to come on up to hot springs sometime. we had people from ohio & michigan... jeff even came in from ca. ...tim

        Rat <hogn8r2004@...> wrote: Looks like you are trying to keep them from bunching up towards the