Re: Tarp Tent

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 49 , Sep 30 11:36 PM
      On that note would Youngblood be willing to sell a few of these to
      interested tree hangers. I have tried a simular set up to this and
      it worked great. I don't have any sewing skills however and this
      type of thing is not on the market to my knowledge.

      How about it sir????

      jamie in az

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "terry_and_pearl"
      <terry_and_pearl@...> wrote:

      > Has anybody tried duplicating the tarp tent that Youngblood has in
      his
      > photo section? Labeled Catenary Tarps/130 x 120 inch tarp.
      >
      > I think it is actually 130 x 126.
      >
      > If anybody else has made a duplicate or close to it, have you used
      it
      > in the field?
      >
      > How does it actually work?
      >
      > Using 1.1 oz silnylon, I calculate the weight to be about 27+ oz.
      If
      > you have made one, what is your actual weight?
      >
      > It is intriguing and I am sorely tempted to try duplicating. Lots
      of
      > room under the tarp, plenty of configurations and I like the idea
      of
      > really closing it up in nasty conditions (that is if it works as
      well
      > as it looks).
      >
      > The weight is a concern, but then a tent that is under 2 lbs with
      that
      > size is pretty good.
      >
      > It appears there are 3 catenary cuts along each bottom and 2 on
      each
      > end. Does anybody have anymore information?

    • Ralph Oborn
      Message 49 of 49 , Oct 7, 2006

        > ralph... they`ll have to be the ones from farther south... or alaska, or
        > somewhere.
        > the skeeters in n.c. aren`t big enough. ...tim
        > PS... how big do they get in idaho?

        Two of them together have been known to pick up small children....

        takes about a dozen working together for a steer. :]

        Ralph