Re: [Hammock Camping] Hi, I'm new here...

  • Rat
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 27, 2006
      Dee does cycle because she isn't fixed, but with no bucks around to
      get her pregnant it's all good. Interestingly there are udder
      protectors made of kevlar and spectra for nursing goats. So it would
      be possible to use her even if she were nursing. However, I wouldn't.
      I will proly never breed her because there are so many good breeders
      ut there already it is easier to just buy a good goat. I could get her
      fixed to prevent any surprises, but I haven't had to worry about it
      yet.

      But yes, fresh goat milk on the trail would be THE BOMB.

      Rat

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Ross"
      <jlross_tijeras@...> wrote:

      > I would think that a doe would be a lot of trouble to have as a pack
      > animal. Going into heat, being pregnant, having kids, needing to be
      > milked twice a day, udder dragging thru the rocks and cactus, etc.
      On