Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Winter set up

  • RevT
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 16, 2006
      > Brian,
      >
      > Thermarest has used the Base Camp name for several different pads
      > over the years that range in thickness from 1.75" to 2" and widths
      > from 20" to 25" to 30".

      My basecamp is roughly 2 in thick, and 25 in wide.

      What I suspect you are going to run into is that the girth
      > needed by the sleeping bag to go around you PLUS your pad will be a
      > problem and that you will revert back to just use the sleeping bag
      > around you while you are on top of the pad

      Yep you were right, I tried this last night inside with my 40 deg bag.
      The pad is too wide for it. What I will prolly do now is just sleep in
      the bag on top of the pad and see what happens.

      Thanks for the tip,
      Brian