Re: SEHHA Hammock Hangers Campout Sep 22-24, 2006

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
      Hey awesome!! I dunno if I can make it to the campout, but maybe you
      and JimTanker and I should get together for some beers or something?

      > WOOHOO!!
      >
      > I just found out that I should be TDY to Ft Bragg next week. Guess
      > I'll see if I can tack on some leave and spend Friday and maybe
      > Saturday night there. Hope I can make it!
      >
      > Jeff

    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <pulse_0ptional@...>
        wrote:

        > Hey awesome!! I dunno if I can make it to the campout, but maybe you
        > and JimTanker and I should get together for some beers or something?

        Definitely. I should have evenings off every night (I think). Anyone
        else wanna come?

        Jeff
      • RevT
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
          Gloater...I'm gonna have to talk to someone about this...You should be
          working mids or something...

          Maybe we could start a Western Hammock Hanging Association. Anyone
          here or around Colorado Springs?

          We'll call it WHHA....

          LOL

          Brian

          On 9/12/06, Jeff <jwj32542@...> wrote:

          > WOOHOO!!
          >
          > I just found out that I should be TDY to Ft Bragg next week. Guess
          > I'll see if I can tack on some leave and spend Friday and maybe
          > Saturday night there. Hope I can make it!
          >
          > Jeff

        • Rosaleen Sullivan
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
            Ed-

            While the Hot Springs site seems perfect, "ya just gotta" do some of these further north. It is too far to drive from Boston to Hot Springs for a normal two day weekend. <sniff>

            We are trying to get a group up for the 3-day Veterans Day weekend in November (11/10-12) at Dingmans Ferry Campground, in the Delaware Water Gap section of PA. Hammocks are optional and I hope we will have lots of ides to share. It probably will be much colder in PA in November than NC in September, but hardy souls will find warmth in camaraderie. (At least I hope so!) If you can make it, come on up and feel free to show off your newest wares. I may ask Tom Hennessy if he has any new goodies, and I sure have an assortment of toys (some Tom's some not) that can be displayed.

            Cheers!

            Rosaleen

            SEHHA Hammock Hangers Campout Sep 22-24, 2006
            Posted by: "Ed Speer" ed@...<mailto:ed@...> edspeer2002
            Date: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:08 pm (PDT)

            Our Fall SEHHA hammock campout is coming up soon & I for one am
            ready for a weekend in camp! Everyone is welcome. Karen & I hope
            you can all join us for a relaxing weekend at our favorite public
            campground in Hot Springs, NC. The campout is hosted by Speer
            Hammocks & this will be our 3rd one of the year.

            (snip)
            You can find all the details at:
            http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/HotSpringsSep06.htm<http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/HotSpringsSep06.htm>

            (snip)

            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
              Sounds like fun Rosaleen. As you know I'd love to see any number of
              hammock-camping get togethers around the country-wouldn't it be a great life
              style just to travel around to hammock campouts all across the US! Now
              that's the perfect job for me! Actually I've always envisioned doing just
              that, but work seems to keep getting in the way, so fro now we're stuck
              close to home too. We'll keep Nov in PA in mind-maybe we can make it.
              Thanks for the invite.

              We're giving a hammock workshop at ALDHA's The Gathering in Athens, WV in
              Oct & have considered hosting a hammock campers special section in the
              campground there at the same time. Haven't done anything on it yet, but
              Karen & I will definitely check it out this year...Ed

              Moderator, Hammock Camping List

              Editor, Hammock Camping News

              Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

              _____

[...]

              Posted by: "Ed Speer" ed@speerhammocks. <mailto:ed%40speerhammocks.com>
              com<mailto:ed@speerhammocks. <mailto:ed%40speerhammocks.com> com>
              edspeer2002

              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
                I'm not sure where Deleware Water Gap is, but I might be able to make it. It
                is probably within 5 hours of me depending on the time of day (traffic).

                On 9/12/06, Rosaleen Sullivan <rosaleen43@...> wrote:

                > Ed-
                >
                > While the Hot Springs site seems perfect, "ya just gotta" do some of these
                > further north. It is too far to drive from Boston to Hot Springs for a
                > normal two day weekend. <sniff>
                >
                > We are trying to get a group up for the 3-day Veterans Day weekend in
                > November (11/10-12) at Dingmans Ferry Campground, in the Delaware Water Gap
                > section of PA. Hammocks are optional and I hope we will have lots of ides to
                > share. It probably will be much colder in PA in November than NC in
                > September, but hardy souls will find warmth in camaraderie. (At least I hope
                > so!) If you can make it, come on up and feel free to show off your newest
                > wares. I may ask Tom Hennessy if he has any new goodies, and I sure have an
                > assortment of toys (some Tom's some not) that can be displayed.
                >
                > Cheers!
                >
                > Rosaleen
                >
                > SEHHA Hammock Hangers Campout Sep 22-24, 2006
                > Posted by: "Ed Speer" ed@... <ed%40speerhammocks.com>
                > <mailto:ed@... <ed%40speerhammocks.com>> edspeer2002
                > Date: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:08 pm (PDT)
                >
                > Our Fall SEHHA hammock campout is coming up soon & I for one am
                > ready for a weekend in camp! Everyone is welcome. Karen & I hope
                > you can all join us for a relaxing weekend at our favorite public
                > campground in Hot Springs, NC. The campout is hosted by Speer
                > Hammocks & this will be our 3rd one of the year.
                >
                > (snip)
                > You can find all the details at:
                > http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/HotSpringsSep06.htm<
                > http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/HotSpringsSep06.htm>
                >
                > (snip)

                Scott A. Macri
                http://360.yahoo.com/hacktorious

                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                  JR, are you still with us? How are you coming on your aerogel project? Any
                  chance you can make it to Hot Springs? I'd love to see if you've managed to
                  get any aerogel sheets that can be adapted for hammock pads..Ed

                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                      I'm not sure what's going on Tim.I just looked at your photos & all seems
                      OK...Ed

                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                        Ed-

                        I bet you are talking about J.D. when you are asking about an Aerogel project. I don't remember if he actually received anything more than small samples. POE has a pad in which they have incorporated a section of Areogel. It is aimed at the climbing community. J.D.'s hammock pad would be lighter, I think, if he can make the connections to get the materials. Meanwhile, he is fixing up a new home north of pittsburgh and trying to sell a house near DC. He is a VERY busy man...

                        Regards,

                        Rosaleen
                        (Who is hoping she isn't in trouble for speaking up.)

                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                          Beam me over, "Scottie!"

                          WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS SOONER???

                          We have this great brain resource who is constantly coming up with great gear.

                          We need to appeal to Risk/Rick to invent a gadget that will beam us around the country to "hang" together once in a while. It might also come in handy to get us over particularly nasty climbs, and avoiding nasty falls that have resulted in concussions, abrasions, sprains (me), and broken legs (Risk).

                          Hope you can make it to PA! I'm always glad to cross trails with you.

                          Cheers!

                          Rosaleen

                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                            Scott-

                            That would be great. Look at a PA/NJ area map, then where I-84 crosses the state lines. Milford, PA, is a nearby town. You can find Dingmans Ferry Campground in a quick google or whatever search.

                            Send me a personal E-mail and I will add you to our communication list.

                            Cheers!

                            Rosaleen

                            Re: SEHHA Hammock Hangers Campout Sep 22-24, 2006
                            Posted by: "Scott Macri" hacktorious@...<about:blank> hacktorious

                            Date: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:59 pm (PDT)

                            Message 13 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                              Rosaleen Sullivan wrote:
                              > Beam me over, "Scottie!"
                              >
                              > WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS SOONER???
                              >
                              > We have this great brain resource who is constantly coming up with great gear.
                              >
                              > We need to appeal to Risk/Rick to invent a gadget that will beam us around the country to "hang" together once in a while.

                              I am actually bringing one of them to the hangout in NC, Rosaleen. And
                              since we are talking StarTrek terms it is nice to be able to relate that
                              the device is called a Vulcan - Actually my prototype is a Vulcan 750.

                              Rick
                            • Carey Parks
                              Message 14 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                                Good one Rick, clever. <g>

                                Message 15 of 19 , Sep 15, 2006
                                  Hey Ed - I posted a message on WB about the campout (hope you don't
                                  mind) and a few folks responded who might come. Looks like we'll see
                                  some new faces this year!

                                  Jeff