RE: [Hammock Camping] SEHHA Hammock Hangers Campout Sep 22-24, 2006

    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
      We look forward to seeing ya again Rick, it's been awhile, so we have lots
      to catch up on...Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____

      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
        WOOHOO!!

        I just found out that I should be TDY to Ft Bragg next week. Guess
        I'll see if I can tack on some leave and spend Friday and maybe
        Saturday night there. Hope I can make it!

        Jeff
      • Keith
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
          Hey awesome!! I dunno if I can make it to the campout, but maybe you
          and JimTanker and I should get together for some beers or something?

          > WOOHOO!!
          >
          > I just found out that I should be TDY to Ft Bragg next week. Guess
          > I'll see if I can tack on some leave and spend Friday and maybe
          > Saturday night there. Hope I can make it!
          >
          > Jeff

        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <pulse_0ptional@...>
            wrote:

            > Hey awesome!! I dunno if I can make it to the campout, but maybe you
            > and JimTanker and I should get together for some beers or something?

            Definitely. I should have evenings off every night (I think). Anyone
            else wanna come?

            Jeff
          • RevT
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
              Gloater...I'm gonna have to talk to someone about this...You should be
              working mids or something...

              Maybe we could start a Western Hammock Hanging Association. Anyone
              here or around Colorado Springs?

              We'll call it WHHA....

              LOL

              Brian

              On 9/12/06, Jeff <jwj32542@...> wrote:

              > WOOHOO!!
              >
              > I just found out that I should be TDY to Ft Bragg next week. Guess
              > I'll see if I can tack on some leave and spend Friday and maybe
              > Saturday night there. Hope I can make it!
              >
              > Jeff

            • Rosaleen Sullivan
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
                Ed-

                While the Hot Springs site seems perfect, "ya just gotta" do some of these further north. It is too far to drive from Boston to Hot Springs for a normal two day weekend. <sniff>

                We are trying to get a group up for the 3-day Veterans Day weekend in November (11/10-12) at Dingmans Ferry Campground, in the Delaware Water Gap section of PA. Hammocks are optional and I hope we will have lots of ides to share. It probably will be much colder in PA in November than NC in September, but hardy souls will find warmth in camaraderie. (At least I hope so!) If you can make it, come on up and feel free to show off your newest wares. I may ask Tom Hennessy if he has any new goodies, and I sure have an assortment of toys (some Tom's some not) that can be displayed.

                Cheers!

                Rosaleen

                SEHHA Hammock Hangers Campout Sep 22-24, 2006
                Posted by: "Ed Speer" ed@...<mailto:ed@...> edspeer2002
                Date: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:08 pm (PDT)

                Our Fall SEHHA hammock campout is coming up soon & I for one am
                ready for a weekend in camp! Everyone is welcome. Karen & I hope
                you can all join us for a relaxing weekend at our favorite public
                campground in Hot Springs, NC. The campout is hosted by Speer
                Hammocks & this will be our 3rd one of the year.

                (snip)
                You can find all the details at:
                http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/HotSpringsSep06.htm<http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/HotSpringsSep06.htm>

                (snip)

                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
                  Sounds like fun Rosaleen. As you know I'd love to see any number of
                  hammock-camping get togethers around the country-wouldn't it be a great life
                  style just to travel around to hammock campouts all across the US! Now
                  that's the perfect job for me! Actually I've always envisioned doing just
                  that, but work seems to keep getting in the way, so fro now we're stuck
                  close to home too. We'll keep Nov in PA in mind-maybe we can make it.
                  Thanks for the invite.

                  We're giving a hammock workshop at ALDHA's The Gathering in Athens, WV in
                  Oct & have considered hosting a hammock campers special section in the
                  campground there at the same time. Haven't done anything on it yet, but
                  Karen & I will definitely check it out this year...Ed

[...]

                  Posted by: "Ed Speer" ed@speerhammocks. <mailto:ed%40speerhammocks.com>
                  com<mailto:ed@speerhammocks. <mailto:ed%40speerhammocks.com> com>
                  edspeer2002

                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
                    I'm not sure where Deleware Water Gap is, but I might be able to make it. It
                    is probably within 5 hours of me depending on the time of day (traffic).

                    On 9/12/06, Rosaleen Sullivan <rosaleen43@...> wrote:

                    > Ed-
                    >
                    > While the Hot Springs site seems perfect, "ya just gotta" do some of these
                    > further north. It is too far to drive from Boston to Hot Springs for a
                    > normal two day weekend. <sniff>
                    >
                    > We are trying to get a group up for the 3-day Veterans Day weekend in
                    > November (11/10-12) at Dingmans Ferry Campground, in the Delaware Water Gap
                    > section of PA. Hammocks are optional and I hope we will have lots of ides to
                    > share. It probably will be much colder in PA in November than NC in
                    > September, but hardy souls will find warmth in camaraderie. (At least I hope
                    > so!) If you can make it, come on up and feel free to show off your newest
                    > wares. I may ask Tom Hennessy if he has any new goodies, and I sure have an
                    > assortment of toys (some Tom's some not) that can be displayed.
                    >
                    > Cheers!
                    >
                    > Rosaleen
                    >
                    > SEHHA Hammock Hangers Campout Sep 22-24, 2006
                    > Posted by: "Ed Speer" ed@... <ed%40speerhammocks.com>
                    > <mailto:ed@... <ed%40speerhammocks.com>> edspeer2002
                    > Date: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:08 pm (PDT)
                    >
                    > Our Fall SEHHA hammock campout is coming up soon & I for one am
                    > ready for a weekend in camp! Everyone is welcome. Karen & I hope
                    > you can all join us for a relaxing weekend at our favorite public
                    > campground in Hot Springs, NC. The campout is hosted by Speer
                    > Hammocks & this will be our 3rd one of the year.
                    >
                    > (snip)
                    > You can find all the details at:
                    > http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/HotSpringsSep06.htm<
                    > http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/HotSpringsSep06.htm>
                    >
                    > (snip)

                    Scott A. Macri
                    http://360.yahoo.com/hacktorious

                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                      JR, are you still with us? How are you coming on your aerogel project? Any
                      chance you can make it to Hot Springs? I'd love to see if you've managed to
                      get any aerogel sheets that can be adapted for hammock pads..Ed

                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                          I'm not sure what's going on Tim.I just looked at your photos & all seems
                          OK...Ed

                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                            Ed-

                            I bet you are talking about J.D. when you are asking about an Aerogel project. I don't remember if he actually received anything more than small samples. POE has a pad in which they have incorporated a section of Areogel. It is aimed at the climbing community. J.D.'s hammock pad would be lighter, I think, if he can make the connections to get the materials. Meanwhile, he is fixing up a new home north of pittsburgh and trying to sell a house near DC. He is a VERY busy man...

                            Regards,

                            Rosaleen
                            (Who is hoping she isn't in trouble for speaking up.)

                            Re: SEHHA Hammock Hangers Campout Sep 22-24, 2006
                            Posted by: "Ed Speer" ed@...<mailto:ed@...> edspeer2002

                            Message 13 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                              Beam me over, "Scottie!"

                              WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS SOONER???

                              We have this great brain resource who is constantly coming up with great gear.

                              We need to appeal to Risk/Rick to invent a gadget that will beam us around the country to "hang" together once in a while. It might also come in handy to get us over particularly nasty climbs, and avoiding nasty falls that have resulted in concussions, abrasions, sprains (me), and broken legs (Risk).

                              Hope you can make it to PA! I'm always glad to cross trails with you.

                              Cheers!

                              Rosaleen

                              Message 14 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                                Scott-

                                That would be great. Look at a PA/NJ area map, then where I-84 crosses the state lines. Milford, PA, is a nearby town. You can find Dingmans Ferry Campground in a quick google or whatever search.

                                Send me a personal E-mail and I will add you to our communication list.

                                Cheers!

                                Rosaleen

                                Re: SEHHA Hammock Hangers Campout Sep 22-24, 2006
                                Posted by: "Scott Macri" hacktorious@...<about:blank> hacktorious

                                Date: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:59 pm (PDT)

                                Message 15 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                                  Rosaleen Sullivan wrote:
                                  > Beam me over, "Scottie!"
                                  >
                                  > WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS SOONER???
                                  >
                                  > We have this great brain resource who is constantly coming up with great gear.
                                  >
                                  > We need to appeal to Risk/Rick to invent a gadget that will beam us around the country to "hang" together once in a while.

                                  I am actually bringing one of them to the hangout in NC, Rosaleen. And
                                  since we are talking StarTrek terms it is nice to be able to relate that
                                  the device is called a Vulcan - Actually my prototype is a Vulcan 750.

                                  Rick
                                • Carey Parks
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                                    Good one Rick, clever. <g>

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Sep 15, 2006
                                      Hey Ed - I posted a message on WB about the campout (hope you don't
                                      mind) and a few folks responded who might come. Looks like we'll see
                                      some new faces this year!

                                      Jeff