SEHHA Hammock Hangers Campout Sep 22-24, 2006

    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 11, 2006
      Our Fall SEHHA hammock campout is coming up soon & I for one am
      ready for a weekend in camp! Everyone is welcome. Karen & I hope
      you can all join us for a relaxing weekend at our favorite public
      campground in Hot Springs, NC. The campout is hosted by Speer
      Hammocks & this will be our 3rd one of the year.

      Several folks have already notified us they are coming--notifying us
      is not necessary, but does give us a better idea of the size of the
      group so we can plan accordingly.

      You can find all the details at:
      http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/HotSpringsSep06.htm

      Although I've been out of town the past few weeks and without
      internet access, it's nice to see that the Hammock Camping List has
      been operating just fine. Now that I'm back, I certainly have lots
      of interesting posts to catch up on--you guys have had some great
      discussions in my absence.

      Happy Hammocking....Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List
      Author, Hammock Camping book
      Editor, Hammock Camping Newsletter
      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
        I plan to be there Ed.

        Rick

        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
          We look forward to seeing ya again Rick, it's been awhile, so we have lots
          to catch up on...Ed

          _____

          > Our Fall SEHHA hammock campout is coming up soon & I for one am
          > ready for a weekend in camp! Everyone is welcome. Karen & I hope
          > you can all join us for a relaxing weekend at our favorite public
          > campground in Hot Springs, NC. The campout is hosted by Speer
          > Hammocks & this will be our 3rd one of the year.
          >
          > Several folks have already notified us they are coming--notifying us
          > is not necessary, but does give us a better idea of the size of the
          > group so we can plan accordingly.
          >
          > You can find all the details at:
          > http://www.speerham
          <http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/HotSpringsSep06.htm>
          mocks.com/Assets/HotSpringsSep06.htm

          > Although I've been out of town the past few weeks and without
          > internet access, it's nice to see that the Hammock Camping List has
          > been operating just fine. Now that I'm back, I certainly have lots
          > of interesting posts to catch up on--you guys have had some great
          > discussions in my absence.
          >
          > Happy Hammocking....Ed
          >
          > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
          > Author, Hammock Camping book
          > Editor, Hammock Camping Newsletter
          > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
            WOOHOO!!

            I just found out that I should be TDY to Ft Bragg next week. Guess
            I'll see if I can tack on some leave and spend Friday and maybe
            Saturday night there. Hope I can make it!

            Jeff
          • Keith
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
              Hey awesome!! I dunno if I can make it to the campout, but maybe you
              and JimTanker and I should get together for some beers or something?

              > WOOHOO!!
              >
              > I just found out that I should be TDY to Ft Bragg next week. Guess
              > I'll see if I can tack on some leave and spend Friday and maybe
              > Saturday night there. Hope I can make it!
              >
              > Jeff

            • Jeff
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
                --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <pulse_0ptional@...>
                wrote:

                > Hey awesome!! I dunno if I can make it to the campout, but maybe you
                > and JimTanker and I should get together for some beers or something?

                Definitely. I should have evenings off every night (I think). Anyone
                else wanna come?

                Jeff
              • RevT
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
                  Gloater...I'm gonna have to talk to someone about this...You should be
                  working mids or something...

                  Maybe we could start a Western Hammock Hanging Association. Anyone
                  here or around Colorado Springs?

                  We'll call it WHHA....

                  LOL

                  Brian

                  On 9/12/06, Jeff <jwj32542@...> wrote:

                  > WOOHOO!!
                  >
                  > I just found out that I should be TDY to Ft Bragg next week. Guess
                  > I'll see if I can tack on some leave and spend Friday and maybe
                  > Saturday night there. Hope I can make it!
                  >
                  > Jeff

                • Rosaleen Sullivan
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
                    Ed-

                    While the Hot Springs site seems perfect, "ya just gotta" do some of these further north. It is too far to drive from Boston to Hot Springs for a normal two day weekend. <sniff>

                    We are trying to get a group up for the 3-day Veterans Day weekend in November (11/10-12) at Dingmans Ferry Campground, in the Delaware Water Gap section of PA. Hammocks are optional and I hope we will have lots of ides to share. It probably will be much colder in PA in November than NC in September, but hardy souls will find warmth in camaraderie. (At least I hope so!) If you can make it, come on up and feel free to show off your newest wares. I may ask Tom Hennessy if he has any new goodies, and I sure have an assortment of toys (some Tom's some not) that can be displayed.

                    Cheers!

                    Rosaleen

                    SEHHA Hammock Hangers Campout Sep 22-24, 2006
                    Posted by: "Ed Speer" ed@...<mailto:ed@...> edspeer2002
                    Date: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:08 pm (PDT)

                    Our Fall SEHHA hammock campout is coming up soon & I for one am
                    ready for a weekend in camp! Everyone is welcome. Karen & I hope
                    you can all join us for a relaxing weekend at our favorite public
                    campground in Hot Springs, NC. The campout is hosted by Speer
                    Hammocks & this will be our 3rd one of the year.

                    (snip)
                    You can find all the details at:
                    http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/HotSpringsSep06.htm<http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/HotSpringsSep06.htm>

                    (snip)

                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
                      Sounds like fun Rosaleen. As you know I'd love to see any number of
                      hammock-camping get togethers around the country-wouldn't it be a great life
                      style just to travel around to hammock campouts all across the US! Now
                      that's the perfect job for me! Actually I've always envisioned doing just
                      that, but work seems to keep getting in the way, so fro now we're stuck
                      close to home too. We'll keep Nov in PA in mind-maybe we can make it.
                      Thanks for the invite.

                      We're giving a hammock workshop at ALDHA's The Gathering in Athens, WV in
                      Oct & have considered hosting a hammock campers special section in the
                      campground there at the same time. Haven't done anything on it yet, but
                      Karen & I will definitely check it out this year...Ed

[...]

                      Posted by: "Ed Speer" ed@speerhammocks. <mailto:ed%40speerhammocks.com>
                      com<mailto:ed@speerhammocks. <mailto:ed%40speerhammocks.com> com>
                      edspeer2002

                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 12, 2006
                        I'm not sure where Deleware Water Gap is, but I might be able to make it. It
                        is probably within 5 hours of me depending on the time of day (traffic).

                        On 9/12/06, Rosaleen Sullivan <rosaleen43@...> wrote:

                        > Ed-
                        >
                        > While the Hot Springs site seems perfect, "ya just gotta" do some of these
                        > further north. It is too far to drive from Boston to Hot Springs for a
                        > normal two day weekend. <sniff>
                        >
                        > We are trying to get a group up for the 3-day Veterans Day weekend in
                        > November (11/10-12) at Dingmans Ferry Campground, in the Delaware Water Gap
                        > section of PA. Hammocks are optional and I hope we will have lots of ides to
                        > share. It probably will be much colder in PA in November than NC in
                        > September, but hardy souls will find warmth in camaraderie. (At least I hope
                        > so!) If you can make it, come on up and feel free to show off your newest
                        > wares. I may ask Tom Hennessy if he has any new goodies, and I sure have an
                        > assortment of toys (some Tom's some not) that can be displayed.
                        >
                        > Cheers!
                        >
                        > Rosaleen
                        >
                        > SEHHA Hammock Hangers Campout Sep 22-24, 2006
                        > Posted by: "Ed Speer" ed@... <ed%40speerhammocks.com>
                        > <mailto:ed@... <ed%40speerhammocks.com>> edspeer2002
                        > Date: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:08 pm (PDT)
                        >
                        > Our Fall SEHHA hammock campout is coming up soon & I for one am
                        > ready for a weekend in camp! Everyone is welcome. Karen & I hope
                        > you can all join us for a relaxing weekend at our favorite public
                        > campground in Hot Springs, NC. The campout is hosted by Speer
                        > Hammocks & this will be our 3rd one of the year.
                        >
                        > (snip)
                        > You can find all the details at:
                        > http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/HotSpringsSep06.htm<
                        > http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/HotSpringsSep06.htm>
                        >
                        > (snip)

                        Scott A. Macri
                        http://360.yahoo.com/hacktorious

                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                          JR, are you still with us? How are you coming on your aerogel project? Any
                          chance you can make it to Hot Springs? I'd love to see if you've managed to
                          get any aerogel sheets that can be adapted for hammock pads..Ed

                            Message 13 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                              I'm not sure what's going on Tim.I just looked at your photos & all seems
                              OK...Ed

                              Message 14 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                                Ed-

                                I bet you are talking about J.D. when you are asking about an Aerogel project. I don't remember if he actually received anything more than small samples. POE has a pad in which they have incorporated a section of Areogel. It is aimed at the climbing community. J.D.'s hammock pad would be lighter, I think, if he can make the connections to get the materials. Meanwhile, he is fixing up a new home north of pittsburgh and trying to sell a house near DC. He is a VERY busy man...

                                Regards,

                                Rosaleen
                                (Who is hoping she isn't in trouble for speaking up.)

                                Re: SEHHA Hammock Hangers Campout Sep 22-24, 2006
                                Posted by: "Ed Speer" ed@...<mailto:ed@...> edspeer2002

                                Message 15 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                                  Beam me over, "Scottie!"

                                  WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS SOONER???

                                  We have this great brain resource who is constantly coming up with great gear.

                                  We need to appeal to Risk/Rick to invent a gadget that will beam us around the country to "hang" together once in a while. It might also come in handy to get us over particularly nasty climbs, and avoiding nasty falls that have resulted in concussions, abrasions, sprains (me), and broken legs (Risk).

                                  Hope you can make it to PA! I'm always glad to cross trails with you.

                                  Cheers!

                                  Rosaleen

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                                    Scott-

                                    That would be great. Look at a PA/NJ area map, then where I-84 crosses the state lines. Milford, PA, is a nearby town. You can find Dingmans Ferry Campground in a quick google or whatever search.

                                    Send me a personal E-mail and I will add you to our communication list.

                                    Cheers!

                                    Rosaleen

                                    Re: SEHHA Hammock Hangers Campout Sep 22-24, 2006
                                    Posted by: "Scott Macri" hacktorious@...<about:blank> hacktorious

                                    Date: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:59 pm (PDT)

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                                      Rosaleen Sullivan wrote:
                                      > Beam me over, "Scottie!"
                                      >
                                      > WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS SOONER???
                                      >
                                      > We have this great brain resource who is constantly coming up with great gear.
                                      >
                                      > We need to appeal to Risk/Rick to invent a gadget that will beam us around the country to "hang" together once in a while.

                                      I am actually bringing one of them to the hangout in NC, Rosaleen. And
                                      since we are talking StarTrek terms it is nice to be able to relate that
                                      the device is called a Vulcan - Actually my prototype is a Vulcan 750.

                                      Rick
                                    • Carey Parks
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Sep 13, 2006
                                        Good one Rick, clever. <g>

                                        Message 19 of 19 , Sep 15, 2006
                                          Hey Ed - I posted a message on WB about the campout (hope you don't
                                          mind) and a few folks responded who might come. Looks like we'll see
                                          some new faces this year!

                                          Jeff