Re: [Hammock Camping] Buying from Wally world

  • dexstrom
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 5, 2006
      Thanks for all the information it is a big help. Monday I found some
      waterproof ripstop nylon in the $1 bin and bought some. Boy is that
      stuff slippery! Wife sewed some snake skins with it to practice
      sewing nylon.

      Yesterday my wife found some ripstop in the $1 bin, and knew how to do
      the 'breathing through the fabric' test (not the fire test) to see if
      it was suitable for a hammock. Bought enough for a zhammock, which
      she sewed up today on her new machine. Glad she bought that new
      sewing machine, even sewing a hammock is fun, so far. I like my HH
      Expedition but she doesn't like the confined feel and I think she will
      like the open hammock, we'll find out this weekend. I promised her a
      DAM for the cooler weather ahead.

      Daniel

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Carey Parks" <cjp129@...>
      wrote:

      > Yes, please don't light the fabric in Wal-Mart! I just went looking
      for
      > marine emegency flares at my local Wal-Mart (of course everyone has
      a local
      > Wal-Mart now) and was told they stopped selling them four months ago
      when a
      > kid lit one off in that store. The whole chain stopped selling them.
      So,