Re: [Hammock Camping] Latest Brain Squeeze, Strap Stake Pockets.

  • Rat
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 4 10:15 AM
      The link should take you to the exact webbing I bought. It is 1 1/4
      inch wide, Black, and rated at 600 pounds. It is the lightweight poly
      webbing that is on sale right now. I just returned from three days in
      the hammocks (Me, Roz and Gage) and it held very well on all three
      hammocks. It stretched a little initially but settled down nicely. I
      didn't have time to pre-stretch them before we left, but it wasn't a
      problem.

      I am going to change the HH to webbing tho. I tried the Prusik knot
      suspension this weekend, and while it held nicely and was easily
      adjustable, it was a lot more complicated than just using a four wrap
      knot. Plus I had to keep up with the Prusik Loops.

      I may even put webbing on my Tarps to eliminate tree huggers from my
      system all together. They are really a single use item anyway and if I
      use straps I don't need them, or the aggrivation of keeping up with
      them.

      And, the Strap Stake Pockets worked great!
      http://tinyurl.com/ozn4m
      We had a great weekend and I did manage to get in some short hikes.

      Rat

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Chinell, David F \(GE Indust,
      Security\)" <david.chinell@...> wrote:

      > Rat:
      >
      > Can you specify which weight and width you got? I got some
      lightweight 1" polypro in olive drab (how stealthy!) but it seemed
      quite a bit stretchier than Ed's strapping.

      > Bear

    • Rat
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 4 10:19 AM
        Actually it is sewn into the tree-huggers for the tarps. But, since I
        am thinking of getting rid of the tree-huggers they will be sewn into
        the supprt straps for the tarps. They can just as easily be on the
        hammock support tho.

        Rat

        > i like the strap pocket rat... is that made onto the end of a
        webbing that is the support on one end of your hammock? ...tim
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 4 6:07 PM
          rat... i`m liking the attached stake bag. anything that helps keep stuff simple & orginized at the same time is a good thing. i think i like putting it on the hammock support even better.
          BTW... i guess it`s ok that i looked at the rest of the 14 pictures from your car camping trip. i`m fixin to do a car camping trip w/ friends this comming weekend.
          is that you eating the banana?

          Rat <hogn8r2004@...> wrote:
          Actually it is sewn into the tree-huggers for the tarps. But, since I
          am thinking of getting rid of the tree-huggers they will be sewn into
          the supprt straps for the tarps. They can just as easily be on the
          hammock support tho.

          Rat

          > i like the strap pocket rat... is that made onto the end of a
          webbing that is the support on one end of your hammock? ...tim

        • Tod Massa
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 4 6:22 PM
            btw, I really like the Strap Stke Pockets....made two today, one for me, one for my son.

            Tod

            --- In hammockcamping@ yahoogroups. com, tim garner wrote:

            > i like the strap pocket rat... is that made onto the end of a
            webbing that is the support on one end of your hammock? ...tim

          • David Chinell
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 5 12:01 PM
              Rat:

              Maybe that explains it -- the difference between 1 and 1-1/4 inch
              width. And now that I've got my straps a little stretched out, they do
              seem more stable.

              Bear
            • Rat
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 5 6:23 PM
                No that's my Mom's boyfriend, Joe, eating the Banana. I'm the dork
                sitting at the table with the Boonie hat on. My son snaped the
                picture! I'm also the one holding the Armadillo, but I don't think you
                can see my face in that one. It was the first time Gage had seen an
                Armadillo up close. And the first time in yeeeeeeears I had caught
                one. It's good to know I can still out think an Armadillo! :) Catching
                Armadillos is becoming a lost art:)

                Feel free to look at any of the pictures. I just started using Yahoo
                Photos, but so far I like it.

                Rat