Re: [Hammock Camping] Latest Brain Squeeze, Strap Stake Pockets.

  • Rat
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 4, 2006
      The link should take you to the exact webbing I bought. It is 1 1/4
      inch wide, Black, and rated at 600 pounds. It is the lightweight poly
      webbing that is on sale right now. I just returned from three days in
      the hammocks (Me, Roz and Gage) and it held very well on all three
      hammocks. It stretched a little initially but settled down nicely. I
      didn't have time to pre-stretch them before we left, but it wasn't a
      problem.

      I am going to change the HH to webbing tho. I tried the Prusik knot
      suspension this weekend, and while it held nicely and was easily
      adjustable, it was a lot more complicated than just using a four wrap
      knot. Plus I had to keep up with the Prusik Loops.

      I may even put webbing on my Tarps to eliminate tree huggers from my
      system all together. They are really a single use item anyway and if I
      use straps I don't need them, or the aggrivation of keeping up with
      them.

      And, the Strap Stake Pockets worked great!
      http://tinyurl.com/ozn4m
      We had a great weekend and I did manage to get in some short hikes.

      Rat

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Chinell, David F \(GE Indust,
      Security\)" <david.chinell@...> wrote:

      > Rat:
      >
      > Can you specify which weight and width you got? I got some
      lightweight 1" polypro in olive drab (how stealthy!) but it seemed
      quite a bit stretchier than Ed's strapping.

      > Bear

    • Rat
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 4, 2006
        Actually it is sewn into the tree-huggers for the tarps. But, since I
        am thinking of getting rid of the tree-huggers they will be sewn into
        the supprt straps for the tarps. They can just as easily be on the
        hammock support tho.

        Rat

        > i like the strap pocket rat... is that made onto the end of a
        webbing that is the support on one end of your hammock? ...tim
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 4, 2006
          rat... i`m liking the attached stake bag. anything that helps keep stuff simple & orginized at the same time is a good thing. i think i like putting it on the hammock support even better.
          BTW... i guess it`s ok that i looked at the rest of the 14 pictures from your car camping trip. i`m fixin to do a car camping trip w/ friends this comming weekend.
          is that you eating the banana?

          Rat <hogn8r2004@...> wrote:
          Actually it is sewn into the tree-huggers for the tarps. But, since I
          am thinking of getting rid of the tree-huggers they will be sewn into
          the supprt straps for the tarps. They can just as easily be on the
          hammock support tho.

          Rat

          > i like the strap pocket rat... is that made onto the end of a
          webbing that is the support on one end of your hammock? ...tim

        • Tod Massa
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 4, 2006
            btw, I really like the Strap Stke Pockets....made two today, one for me, one for my son.

            Tod

            --- In hammockcamping@ yahoogroups. com, tim garner wrote:

            > i like the strap pocket rat... is that made onto the end of a
            webbing that is the support on one end of your hammock? ...tim

          • David Chinell
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 5, 2006
              Rat:

              Maybe that explains it -- the difference between 1 and 1-1/4 inch
              width. And now that I've got my straps a little stretched out, they do
              seem more stable.

              Bear
            • Rat
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 5, 2006
                No that's my Mom's boyfriend, Joe, eating the Banana. I'm the dork
                sitting at the table with the Boonie hat on. My son snaped the
                picture! I'm also the one holding the Armadillo, but I don't think you
                can see my face in that one. It was the first time Gage had seen an
                Armadillo up close. And the first time in yeeeeeeears I had caught
                one. It's good to know I can still out think an Armadillo! :) Catching
                Armadillos is becoming a lost art:)

                Feel free to look at any of the pictures. I just started using Yahoo
                Photos, but so far I like it.

                Rat