Re: New to hammocking

  • fugglesrastus
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2006
      Hi
      I have completly done away with tent camping and use my hammock all
      the time. I have a HH explorer Delux Asym, with the larger Hex Fly.
      I allways have 2 trecking poles with me, 4 extra guy ropes and 4
      stakes, so I can pitch my hammock as a tent on the ground, using the
      trecking poles. I used a $2 shop plastic poncho for a ground sheet,
      last time I had to do this, when there was no trees available.
      Im into lightweigh hiking, and am in New Zealand. Lots of rain any
      time of the year over here, I find I stay dryer in my hammock in
      heavy rain than sleeping in my tents, as my tents condensate to much
      and get damp floors quickly. I usually take the larger Hex fly with
      me, except I will take the smaller fly on 1 or 2 night trips when no
      rain is forcast.
      Any How hope you enjoy your Hammock Setup.
      Cheers Heather