Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: douple hammock / S.P.E.

  • Tod Massa
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1 6:16 AM
      Hi, first, I am new here. Second, I contemplated a similar approach, but decided to start out simple. I have been hammocking for over a year in an ENO Double, but wanted to go a little lighter and more custom.

      What I have done is made a ZHammock and matching SPE. However, with my SPE, I started with an army surplus poncho liner and then sewed pockets into it to support a full length pad, an additional 14" pad (i'm 6'4", my son is 6'6"), and 8 pockets for wings up to 8" wide, or extra thick. I figure that this gives me a maximum of flexibility, and additional warmth. In the past I have simply wrapped the pocho liner around the pad, but that doesn't last through the night, but I do know it is a good combo.

      I have just about finished a matching tarp as well...just have to do the tie outs tonight. The final project I have been working on is a gearskin. I have a little more work to do on the shoulder straps and then add the the hardware and it will be done. Right now, it weighs in at 24oz.

      Tod