Re: YAHHO on the PCT

  • farpost
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 30, 2006
      Good idea, seuss. What size velcro strips did you use? This seems like
      an easy enough mod to make and evaluate without damaging the bag.

      How did you attach the underquilt (I assume you're still talking about a
      HH)?

      Scott

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 30, 2006
        seuss... good to hear from you. what did you insulate your underquilt with?
        any new bear storys? ...tim

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" wrote:

        > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "farpost" wrote:
        > >
        > > Since
        > > adding SPE style wings won't work with the pad sleeve, I am
        > definitely
        > > going to reconsider the idea of adding a bottom with insulation.
        >
        > Why can't you sew SPE style wings to the outside of the BA sleeve?
        >
        > Jeff

      • seuss910
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 30, 2006
          No, not a HH. I always think of it as a "Speer type" hammock but Ed
          usually classifies it as "other."

          I used 7/8 inch hook and loop (generic, non-Velcro(tm)) on the BA pad
          sleeve. It wasn't enough. It needed a stronger and/or wider connection.

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "farpost" <lsramos13@...> wrote:

          > Good idea, seuss. What size velcro strips did you use? This seems like
          > an easy enough mod to make and evaluate without damaging the bag.
          >
          > How did you attach the underquilt (I assume you're still talking
          about a
          > HH)?
          >
          > Scott
        • seuss910
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 30, 2006
            Heya, tim. It's the same PG3D underquilt you saw before.

            No new bear stories - but I did have a nasty run in with a jellyfish a
            month or so ago. But by the time I get the story to explain the new
            scar on my arm properly tuned i think the jellyfish will have turned
            into a shark. Just has a nicer ring to it.

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 31, 2006
              seuss910 <wrv77@...> wrote: Heya, tim. It's the same PG3D underquilt you saw before.

              No new bear stories - but I did have a nasty run in with a jellyfish a
              month or so ago. But by the time I get the story to explain the new
              scar on my arm properly tuned i think the jellyfish will have turned
              into a shark. Just has a nicer ring to it.

              ### sounds... evolutionary :~) ...tim

              .