RE: [Hammock Camping] Buying from Wally world

  • Carey Parks
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 29, 2006
      Yes, please don't light the fabric in Wal-Mart! I just went looking for
      marine emegency flares at my local Wal-Mart (of course everyone has a local
      Wal-Mart now) and was told they stopped selling them four months ago when a
      kid lit one off in that store. The whole chain stopped selling them. So,
      don't light any fabric lest they stop selling it too.

      Carey

      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 5 8:00 PM
        Thanks for all the information it is a big help. Monday I found some
        waterproof ripstop nylon in the $1 bin and bought some. Boy is that
        stuff slippery! Wife sewed some snake skins with it to practice
        sewing nylon.

        Yesterday my wife found some ripstop in the $1 bin, and knew how to do
        the 'breathing through the fabric' test (not the fire test) to see if
        it was suitable for a hammock. Bought enough for a zhammock, which
        she sewed up today on her new machine. Glad she bought that new
        sewing machine, even sewing a hammock is fun, so far. I like my HH
        Expedition but she doesn't like the confined feel and I think she will
        like the open hammock, we'll find out this weekend. I promised her a
        DAM for the cooler weather ahead.

        Daniel

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Carey Parks" <cjp129@...>