Re: Great trip - perfect hammock spot

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 28 11:14 PM
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Rat" <hogn8r2004@...> wrote:

      > BTW, the small round holes next to the deer tracks are made from
      > the 'dew claws' of the deer. Either the ground was soft, the deer
      > was big (heavy) or he was running, or all three! The dew claws are
      > higher than the hoof on the leg so you don't see them all the time.
      > This time of year they are still in bachelor groups. I'm suprised
      > you didn't see many other tracks in the same area.

      The holes were about as big around as my finger. I thought about dew
      claws but I didn't know they could be that big. (Not much of a
      hunter.) These tracks were pretty big and deep, though - it makes
      sense. There were at least two other deer with him...much smaller,
      and I'm sure they weren't running.

      Thanks for the info.

      Jeff