Peapod for side sleepers?

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 28 10:18 AM
      Any Peapod side sleepers out there? How well does it work for you? The
      available pictures make it seem fifficult at best to sleep on your
      side and still keep your head (and breath) outside the pod. Hope I'm
      wrong!

      Cheesrs,

      Steve
    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 28 12:57 PM
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <millergear@...> wrote:

        > Any Peapod side sleepers out there? How well does it work for you?

        My hammock is narrow enough that I can pull the side of the PeaPod
        down and still get comfortable on my side. The scratchy side of the
        velcro can bother my face sometimes, but I can either fold it in or
        use my homemade PeaPod hood (but I don't hike with that).

        The biggest thing for me is compressing the insulation when I'm on a
        thick inflatable pad (~3") and pull my knees up...I can press against
        the sides, so I just don't pull my knees up as much.

        But side sleeping in a PeaPod isn't really difficult for me. YMMV.

        Jeff
      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 28 12:58 PM
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <millergear@...> wrote:

          > Any Peapod side sleepers out there? How well does it work for you?

          Wanted to point out that my hammocks are 48-54" wide...a bit narrower
          than the ones Ed sells. That will make a difference in what I wrote
          about pulling the side of the PeaPod down, but I couldn't say how much.

          Jeff
        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 28 1:25 PM
            My last two posts showed up out of order for some reason - they'll
            make more sense if you read the second one first.

            And last week I had one show up like 4 days after I sent it! Yahoo's
            crazy.

            Jeff

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 28 2:12 PM
                jeff,

                Thanks for the (topsy turvy) input. Seems it might work but I'll
                have to hear from someone with the full width hammock. Or get to a
                SEHA campout and try one.

                Steve

                > they showed-up in the right order on my computer... but that`s
                yahoo for ya :~}

                > Jeff <jwj32542@...> wrote: My last two posts showed up out of
                order for some reason - they'll
                > make more sense if you read the second one first.
                >
                > And last week I had one show up like 4 days after I sent it!
                Yahoo's
                > crazy.
                >
                > Jeff

              • Rat
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 28 10:00 PM
                  When I built the FrankenPod I had the same problem. When I pulled
                  my knees up I had cold spots. I have added an expandable area to
                  accomodate this. Kinda like the expandable carry on bags for air
                  travel, that's where I got the idea anyway:) While I am on my back I
                  can zip it up tight, then, when I roll over, I unzip it to allow for
                  the extra width. I haven't tested it yet, it was 101* here today,
                  but it *seems* to fit better. I've still got about 3 months before I
                  can test it for real.

                  Rat