Re: Hammocks

  • Rat
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 27, 2006
      Hey Bill III, there's nothing like jumping in with both feet!
      Welcome to the Group, and hammocking.

      Rat

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Bill III <theocles45@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello Everyone,
      > I just joined this group a few days ago. So far I have
      > read some interesting topics.
      > Also I have read some other threads elsewhere.
      > Over the weekend I have made some simple Hammocks(3).
      > They all turned out well. Went to Wal-Mart and bought
      > some what looked like Nylon fabric. And folded it up.
      > tied some good knotts etc. Also sewed up some nylon
      > straps for the tree bark. While at Wal-Mart I also
      > notice some fabric that would do well for netting. I
      > have yet to have a bug problem. I Camp on Islands on
      > Norris Lake in Tennessee. I hope to post a few pic's
      > later.

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Bill III
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 28, 2006
        I have yet to buy one of those better hammocks. I have
        been using a $30 single hammock from Sears for years
        now. I started using a Hammock for camping back in the
        early 90's. They are a lot better than a tent. And mt
        son likes them as well. I think for now I will try the
        Home made ones and take it from there. Now to find a
        great deal on some Silnylon material.

        Bill

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 28, 2006
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Bill III <theocles45@...> wrote:

          > Now to find a
          > great deal on some Silnylon material.

          Welcome to the group!

          Aside from special sales on remnants or Walmart's dollar bin, the best
          deal I've seen is Ed Speer's $4/yd silnylon. Have to like black,
          though...
          http://www.speerhammocks.com/Products/PRODUCTLINK2.htm

          Ed is the list owner here, btw. He's good people (and his wife Karen,
          too!).

          Jeff
        • Bill III
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 28, 2006