Re: [Hammock Camping] Electronic Books / was - Clark North American vs Ultralight

  • Bruce W. Calkins
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2006
      This is what works for me;

      An "old" Palm III XE Organizer. Bible software is by Laridian (available
      on-line, for a price). Hundreds of classic books by Swiftware (Cosmi brand)
      on hand too. A lot of freeware is available on line also. Including .PDF
      converters that "should" allow me to carry the ALDHA Companion in it too.
      I'm still messing with that one though, it resisted initial efforts and I
      haven't set a block of time to "play"with it again as yet.

      One small potential problem, I and one other hiker had our Organizers reset
      while going under the high tension power lines just North of Three Mile
      Campsite in CT. I can't address the vulnerability of other electronic
      devices. Just a heads up here. I have put my Palm in my cook pot as a
      makeshift Faraday cage before passing under several power lines Including
      that return trip, and have not experienced any other data losses that I can
      attribute to said power lines.

      Bruce W.

      > corsican... thank you very much for the information.

      > I looked on the e-bay and found several Franklin Bibles on sale, as little
      as $39.00. Mine is the Franklin NIV 440.