Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: hammock wear & tear

  • Shane Steinkamp
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23, 2006
      > Ed has like 6 gazillion nights in his hammock...what's the real
      > number, Ed?

      I knew the guy was old, but not THAT old...

      :D

      Shane
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 23, 2006
        ummm... and mabey that was 5000 hours... not nights.

        Shane Steinkamp <shane@...> wrote: > Ed has like 6 gazillion nights in his hammock...what's the real

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 23, 2006
          Hey! Ed's not THAT old! But he IS out of town without email access so I'll have to defend him.

          His red hammock lasted over 625 nights, probably somewhere around 700 before that infamous frigid night witnessed by the lucky few. At 8 hrs/night, thats over 5000 hours, but I happen to know he often spent more than 8 hours a night sleeping!

          My hammock has over 100 nights in it; I am rougher on my gear than Ed and the only sign of wear is a spot where I rubbed it against a rock. Both our hammocks are made out of the same materials as the standard Speer Hammocks or kits we sell, just prettier colors. In fact, at the last Hammock Hangers in June, Marta and I figured out we both had sewn our own hammocks from the same pretty purple nylon!

          Karen