Re: [Hammock Camping] hammock wear & tear

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23 2:13 PM
      i belive ed speer put over 5000 nights in one of his hammocks before it let him down.
      and he probably would have got a few more nights out of it if he hadn`t raised himself up on his elbow on that cold winter night:~)
      i`ve slept in a hammock nightly for the last year & a half. mostly the eagle`s nest outfitter (ENO) or a home made speer type made from some pretty thin $1.00 material from wal-mart.
      thre`re pretty tough. but it`s a good idea to practice some hammock cautions... like taking hard things out of your pockets that may fall out when you`re in the hammock & then they would get layed on.

      jkneilson <jkneilson@...> wrote:
      Hi all, question: I'll be using my Speers Hammock 8.0A on several multi-
      day trips per year and am wondering how long I can reasonably expect it
      to hold up before normal wear & tear compromise it. Can anyone share
      their experiences / thoughts?

      Cheers,