hammock wear & tear

  • jkneilson
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23, 2006
      Hi all, question: I'll be using my Speers Hammock 8.0A on several multi-
      day trips per year and am wondering how long I can reasonably expect it
      to hold up before normal wear & tear compromise it. Can anyone share
      their experiences / thoughts?

      Cheers,
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 23, 2006
        i belive ed speer put over 5000 nights in one of his hammocks before it let him down.
        and he probably would have got a few more nights out of it if he hadn`t raised himself up on his elbow on that cold winter night:~)
        i`ve slept in a hammock nightly for the last year & a half. mostly the eagle`s nest outfitter (ENO) or a home made speer type made from some pretty thin $1.00 material from wal-mart.
        thre`re pretty tough. but it`s a good idea to practice some hammock cautions... like taking hard things out of your pockets that may fall out when you`re in the hammock & then they would get layed on.

        jkneilson <jkneilson@...> wrote:
        Hi all, question: I'll be using my Speers Hammock 8.0A on several multi-
        day trips per year and am wondering how long I can reasonably expect it
        to hold up before normal wear & tear compromise it. Can anyone share
        their experiences / thoughts?

        Cheers,

      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 23, 2006
          Ed has like 6 gazillion nights in his hammock...what's the real
          number, Ed?

          Jeff