Re: Wild Hogs in pajamas sleeping in hammocks

  • Wynne Eden
    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 22 1:33 PM
      "bow hunt primitive" = A stick and some string.

      Seriously, I use all wood or composite bows that are either in the
      general design spirit of or copies of bows that were in use as
      primary weapons in their era. My preference is in native north
      american, specifically Southeastern, designs, but I have made horse
      bows and English longbows of yew.

      I hunt with self bows made from various woods, arrows made from
      rivercane or shoots, either "trade" style points or knapped stone.

      I also shoot a Wilson trade gun (.62 cal flintlock).

      Either one makes hunting piggies a little more about the chase and
      less about the kill. I still like eating them though.

      http://www.southeasterntrading.com/amohkali/ is my (predominantly)
      native living history site. I don't have photos of me and my boys
      in our sailor garb and acoutrement, which might show the 18th c.
      hammocks we are messing around with.

      Anyone ever made/used a canvas hammock for either backpacking or
      just an experiment? I put a hem on each end, hand-sewn grommets
      (buttonholes) and hung with a manila hemp rope (probably really bad
      for the trees, but park staff in these parks prefer authentic style
      to protecting the trees in the demonstration areas)

      Wynne Eden
      (no trail name, but people call me all sorts of unmentionable things)

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Macri"