Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Wild Hogs

  • Shane Steinkamp
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 21, 2006
      > Any wildlife that is allowed to outgrow it's habitat is
      > potentially dangerous to the environment and the wildlife.

      Including human beings?

      Mr. Smith.

      (Now, say, 'Off Topic' three times while spinning around on one foot.)
    • Cara Lin Bridgman
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 21, 2006
        Including human beings!
        Especially human beings!
        (of course, now that I'm here, I'll stay for a while).

        In fact, that's got to be one reason why so many have taken to hammocks:
        good ground sites are either trashed (environment problem) or occupied
        ('wildlife' problem).

        CL

      • fromyosee@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 21, 2006
          Yes!!! Very true! We have outgrown our habitat, as we evolved living in
          small groups. We need a "wildlife" management program to curb our population.
          But that won't happen because many influential clergy and politicians want
          as large a following as possible.
          Joe

          In a message dated 8/21/2006 11:02:54 PM Central Standard Time,
          shane@... writes:

          > Any wildlife that is allowed to outgrow it's habitat is
          > potentially dangerous to the environment and the wildlife.

          Including human beings?

          Mr. Smith.

          (Now, say, 'Off Topic' three times while spinning around on one foot.)

        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 22, 2006
            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, fromyosee@... wrote:

            > But that won't happen because many influential clergy and
            politicians want
            > as large a following as possible.

            And because most people don't want that either.

            (Hammocks or not)

            Jeff