Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: hammock length...again

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 13, 2006
      i added a whip on one end of the hammock i have hanging in my bed room (home-made speer type) to shorten it a little.
      one thing i noticed is that there`s a little less hammock to hold the sleeping bag as i get in & out of the hammock... so it`s more likly to fall to the ground.
      plus, i belive i do like the extra flex room in the longer hammock. ...tim

      Rat <hogn8r2004@...> wrote:
      Right now I have two 9 footers and two 10 footers. All of my hammocks
      ahve been 9 footers until now.
      I gues, after reading what I just wrote, I like the ten footers
      better:) I didn't realize it until I started to think about it. So for
      me it's the longer hammocks!
      BTW all mine are the full 60" width.

      Rat

      I love it when we finally make up our mind!

      > the one i`m using now (the one that`s 10' long) is about 49" wide.
      i think 9 feet may be a good length to try next.
      > and i may make the next one 45" wide (after hemming). the
      walls on the 49" width hammock are plenty to stop me when i roll to
      the side. nice & stable. the views are good from the narrow
      hammock, but i think i can loose 3 or 4 inches more & still be good.
      > BTW... the fabric on that one is pretty light. it`s dollar
      stuff from wallmart & i belive it came out to less than 1.5 ozs per sq
      yd by ed`s book. without straps i belive it weighed about 8 or 9
      oz. i`ve been sleeping in it at home for several months now & used
      it on a couple over night backpacking trips.