Slap straps

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2006
      I learned something new today, boys and girls - ENO slap straps are
      just about useless on a ridgeline hammock!

      I know some people have posted that they hang their hammocks fairly
      loose, but when I've done this, my ridgeline sags, my bugnet is on my
      face, and I can't hang anything from the ridge (like water,
      flashlight, etc.). To get the hammock the way I want it, I have to
      hang it horizontally (no 'sag') with a lot of tension.

      Slap straps don't have enough attachment loops - I can't get the right
      amount of adjustment. Plain and simple. I knew this was a poor
      design before I bought them, but I went ahead anyway just to make
      sure. I'm sure they work fine on non-ridgeline models, but they don't
      work at all on my HH.

      The system I'm having made right now should take care of the problem,
      but it's still in the works. In the meantime, I'll use the slap
      straps, with an extra piece of HH spectra for tensioning.