Re: Freezer Bag Cooking (was re: First DIY)

  • jonas4321
    Message 1 of 34 , Aug 7, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <pulse_0ptional@...> wrote:

      > Also, I don't think the bags will withstand touching the side of a
      > pot, so you have to sit and suspend the bag in the pot so that it
      > only touches water.

      The bag can withstand the heat of the pot below the waterline. I just
      get the air out and submerge the bag. Also, I heat the water to a
      boil, remove the pot, switch the stove to simmer, add the bag, return
      the pot to the stove (or to a cozy if re-heat is all that is needed).
      It does not have to boil while cooking, just simmer, so the sides of
      the pot don't get that hot above the waterline.

      It took me several failures to learn how, though! But, I love
      experimentation, which is another reason I like hammock camping.

      There, I somehow related this back to hammocks. I feel better ;^)
    • jonas4321
      Message 34 of 34 , Aug 7, 2006