Re: STLs

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <pulse_0ptional@...>
      wrote:

      > If this tubing turns out to be stronger, could they work on the
      > ridgeline?

      I never saw the need - the ones on the ground take up the extra
      slack, so if that works then anything else is just extra weight.
      Plus, the ridgeline ones have to pull AGAINST gravity to keep the
      tarp UP, while the ones on the ground just have to add enough
      tension to pull out the sag.

      But as always, YMMV. Someone on here uses them on the ridgeline but
      I don't remember who - maybe they'll speak up if they're reading.

      > I'm putting these on my new GG 9x9, btw - quite a bit
      > heavier than the JRB or MacCat.

      Yep - hopefully the new tubes will be strong enough, though.

      Jeff