Temporary Departure

  • Stuhr, Tim
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3 5:46 AM
      I will be out of town for the next week attending a conference on the
      left coast. Due to the large volume of messages lately I need to stop
      for a week. I believe if I send and email to
      hammockcamping-nomail@yahoogroups.com it will suspend me. If this is
      not correct someone please let me know. How do I start it again when I
      get back? Or should I unsubscribe and then resubscribe?

      Tim

    • Ralph Oborn
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3 6:32 AM
        The easiest way is to go to yahoo groups, and edit your membership so that
        you do not receive individual emails. Then when you want to start up again
        just get in and re-enable the option.

        Take your hammock with you, conferences can be boring, and hotel beds aren't
        always comfortable. :]

        Ralph

        On 8/3/06, Stuhr, Tim <tstuhr@...> wrote:

        > I will be out of town for the next week attending a conference on the
        > left coast. Due to the large volume of messages lately I need to stop
        > for a week. I believe if I send and email to
        > hammockcamping-nomail@yahoogroups.com it will suspend me. If this is
        > not correct someone please let me know. How do I start it again when I
        > get back? Or should I unsubscribe and then resubscribe?
        >

        > Tim

      • Stuhr, Tim
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3 6:46 AM
          I was thinking about doing that but my wife is going along also. She's
          not a hiker or hammocker so I don't know when I could get away. I have
          a HH and a Byers. I may take the Byers since it's much more compact and
          probably better for just lounging in on the spur of the moment.

          Tim
          The easiest way is to go to yahoo groups, and edit your membership so
          that
          you do not receive individual emails. Then when you want to start up
          again
          just get in and re-enable the option.

          Take your hammock with you, conferences can be boring, and hotel beds
          aren't
          always comfortable. :]

          Ralph

          On 8/3/06, Stuhr, Tim <tstuhr@...> wrote:

          > I will be out of town for the next week attending a conference on the
          > left coast. Due to the large volume of messages lately I need to stop
          > for a week. I believe if I send and email to
          > hammockcamping-nomail@yahoogroups.com it will suspend me. If this is
          > not correct someone please let me know. How do I start it again when
          > get back? Or should I unsubscribe and then resubscribe?
          >

          > Tim

        • Rat
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3 8:22 PM
            Click on *edit membership*

            Then click on *Web Only* button

            Then click on *Save Changes*

            Now you can only read it on the group board. When you start to read
            it on the board use the *Group by Topic* link and it will keep all
            threads under the original posting for easier (sometimes) linear
            viewing. Moe like a real discussion Forum.

            Rat

            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Stuhr, Tim" <tstuhr@...>