Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: hammock materials

  • Scott Macri
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
      I was thinking something like this:
      http://www.imrisk.com/hammock/improvedknot.htm

      --
      Scott A. Macri
      Trail Name: Mowgli
      www.HikeHaven.com
      http://360.yahoo.com/hacktorious

      On 8/1/06, Coy <starnescr@...> wrote:

      > with 10 feet plus a little you could almost do away with the tree
      > huggers. In fact I have
      > never heard of anyone using tree huggers with straps. you would need
      > straps about 15
      > feet though so you will probably need the huggers. with a short hammock
      > like this you
      > might just use rope for the hammock support and use the straps for
      > huggers. I would
      > think with a 76 in hammock the ropes or straps would need to be about 1
      > feet longer per
      > end than with a standard 8 or 9 foot hammock. sooo i might just take on 10
      > foot strap (if
      > you have already cut it) and make 2 huggers and then uses about 16 feet
      > (32 total) rope
      > for the supprt lines.
      >
      > Coy Boy

    • Coy
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
        I need glasses...remember. I misread it. I thought you siad you was still going to use a
        tree hugger. Anyways, that knot (well not really a knot) will work fine. I still think 10 feet
        is a little short though especially for an already short hammock. long staps is the way to
        go, if they are too long no problem if too short, big problem.

        Coy Boy

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Macri" <hacktorious@...> wrote:

        > I was thinking something like this:
        > http://www.imrisk.com/hammock/improvedknot.htm
        >
        > --
        > Scott A. Macri
        > Trail Name: Mowgli
        > www.HikeHaven.com
        > http://360.yahoo.com/hacktorious
        >
        > On 8/1/06, Coy <starnescr@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > with 10 feet plus a little you could almost do away with the tree
        > > huggers. In fact I have
        > > never heard of anyone using tree huggers with straps. you would need
        > > straps about 15
        > > feet though so you will probably need the huggers. with a short hammock
        > > like this you
        > > might just use rope for the hammock support and use the straps for
        > > huggers. I would
        > > think with a 76 in hammock the ropes or straps would need to be about 1
        > > feet longer per
        > > end than with a standard 8 or 9 foot hammock. sooo i might just take on 10
        > > foot strap (if
        > > you have already cut it) and make 2 huggers and then uses about 16 feet
        > > (32 total) rope
        > > for the supprt lines.
        > >
        > > Coy Boy

      • Scott Macri
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
          That is fine, I have not cut the webbing yet. I can just get a second one
          the same length. I got 7 yards of webbing.