[Hammock Camping] Re: First HH rain test

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 1, 2006
      After I hit send I though, if you dind't readjust the side tieouts after the top ridge line slid
      down the tree a little ways, that's probably why the bug netting was loose.

      Coy Boy

      > good. I am still mistified by how the netting was loose with the ridge line tight but leave
      it
      > to a newbie to figure out how (LOL). seriously, I think now that you have solved the tree
      > sliding you will quickly find the ideal tautness. Like Dave mentiond, the HH needs tight
      > but dont over do it. I ususlly set mine up pretty tight and it sags some when i get in. i
      > used to get out and retighten but i just leave it now. I might retighten it for a photo
      > opp....some folks is vain that way.
      >
      > Coy Boy
      >
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Macri" <hacktorious@> wrote:
      > >
      > > It seems fine now. It was bein caused from the way I was setting it up.
      > > --
      > > Scott A. Macri
      > > Trail Name: Mowgli
      > > www.HikeHaven.com
      > > http://360.yahoo.com/hacktorious
      > >
      > > On 8/1/06, Coy <starnescr@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Scott, how much material are we talking about here. A little loose
      > > > is normal. a lot loose is not. i ask because i had a HH with too
      > > > much material in the bed part as well as the net. I had to hang it
      > > > really high to keep it off the ground until I lenghtened the
      > > > interior ridge line about a foot. Then I needed a new fly to cover
      > > > it. But now I have a HH that is very comfortable (probably due to
      > > > the extra lenght).
      > > >
      > > > Coy Boy

    • Scott Macri
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 1, 2006
        It really makes life easier to adjust the hammock. All I have to do is
        slide the loop up or down the tree. I can set it up high for sleeping, and
        down low to cook, or whatever.

        --

        On 8/1/06, Coy <starnescr@...> wrote:

        > good. I am still mistified by how the netting was loose with the ridge
        > line tight but leave it
        > to a newbie to figure out how (LOL). seriously, I think now that you have
        > solved the tree
        > sliding you will quickly find the ideal tautness. Like Dave mentiond, the
        > HH needs tight
        > but dont over do it. I ususlly set mine up pretty tight and it sags some
        > when i get in. i
        > used to get out and retighten but i just leave it now. I might retighten
        > it for a photo
        > opp....some folks is vain that way.
        >
        > Coy Boy

      • Coy
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 1, 2006
          ah, now were talking about something completely different. adjusting the hammock up or
          down has nothing to do with the tighness...unless one tree is leaning in or out....

          Coy Boy

          Coy boy

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Macri" <hacktorious@...> wrote:

          > It really makes life easier to adjust the hammock. All I have to do is
          > slide the loop up or down the tree. I can set it up high for sleeping, and
          > down low to cook, or whatever.
          >
          > --
          > Scott A. Macri
          > Trail Name: Mowgli
          > www.HikeHaven.com
          > http://360.yahoo.com/hacktorious
          >
          > On 8/1/06, Coy <starnescr@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > good. I am still mistified by how the netting was loose with the ridge
          > > line tight but leave it
          > > to a newbie to figure out how (LOL). seriously, I think now that you have
          > > solved the tree
          > > sliding you will quickly find the ideal tautness. Like Dave mentiond, the
          > > HH needs tight
          > > but dont over do it. I ususlly set mine up pretty tight and it sags some
          > > when i get in. i
          > > used to get out and retighten but i just leave it now. I might retighten
          > > it for a photo
          > > opp....some folks is vain that way.
          > >
          > > Coy Boy

        • Scott Macri
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 1, 2006
            Hmmm, really? I will have to mess with my hammock again tomorrow.