[Hammock Camping] Re: First HH rain test

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 1, 2006
      good. I am still mistified by how the netting was loose with the ridge line tight but leave it
      to a newbie to figure out how (LOL). seriously, I think now that you have solved the tree
      sliding you will quickly find the ideal tautness. Like Dave mentiond, the HH needs tight
      but dont over do it. I ususlly set mine up pretty tight and it sags some when i get in. i
      used to get out and retighten but i just leave it now. I might retighten it for a photo
      opp....some folks is vain that way.

      Coy Boy

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Macri" <hacktorious@...> wrote:

      > It seems fine now. It was bein caused from the way I was setting it up.
      > --
      > Scott A. Macri
      > Trail Name: Mowgli
      > www.HikeHaven.com
      > http://360.yahoo.com/hacktorious
      >
      > On 8/1/06, Coy <starnescr@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Scott, how much material are we talking about here. A little loose
      > > is normal. a lot loose is not. i ask because i had a HH with too
      > > much material in the bed part as well as the net. I had to hang it
      > > really high to keep it off the ground until I lenghtened the
      > > interior ridge line about a foot. Then I needed a new fly to cover
      > > it. But now I have a HH that is very comfortable (probably due to
      > > the extra lenght).
      > >
      > > Coy Boy

    • Coy
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 1, 2006
        After I hit send I though, if you dind't readjust the side tieouts after the top ridge line slid
        down the tree a little ways, that's probably why the bug netting was loose.

        Coy Boy

        > good. I am still mistified by how the netting was loose with the ridge line tight but leave
        it
        > to a newbie to figure out how (LOL). seriously, I think now that you have solved the tree
        > sliding you will quickly find the ideal tautness. Like Dave mentiond, the HH needs tight
        > but dont over do it. I ususlly set mine up pretty tight and it sags some when i get in. i
        > used to get out and retighten but i just leave it now. I might retighten it for a photo
        > opp....some folks is vain that way.
        >
        > Coy Boy
        >
        > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Macri" <hacktorious@> wrote:
        > >
        > > It seems fine now. It was bein caused from the way I was setting it up.
        > > --
        > > Scott A. Macri
        > > Trail Name: Mowgli
        > > www.HikeHaven.com
        > > http://360.yahoo.com/hacktorious
        > >
        > > On 8/1/06, Coy <starnescr@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Scott, how much material are we talking about here. A little loose
        > > > is normal. a lot loose is not. i ask because i had a HH with too
        > > > much material in the bed part as well as the net. I had to hang it
        > > > really high to keep it off the ground until I lenghtened the
        > > > interior ridge line about a foot. Then I needed a new fly to cover
        > > > it. But now I have a HH that is very comfortable (probably due to
        > > > the extra lenght).
        > > >
        > > > Coy Boy

      • Scott Macri
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 1, 2006
          It really makes life easier to adjust the hammock. All I have to do is
          slide the loop up or down the tree. I can set it up high for sleeping, and
          down low to cook, or whatever.

          --

          On 8/1/06, Coy <starnescr@...> wrote:

          > good. I am still mistified by how the netting was loose with the ridge
          > line tight but leave it
          > to a newbie to figure out how (LOL). seriously, I think now that you have
          > solved the tree
          > sliding you will quickly find the ideal tautness. Like Dave mentiond, the
          > HH needs tight
          > but dont over do it. I ususlly set mine up pretty tight and it sags some
          > when i get in. i
          > used to get out and retighten but i just leave it now. I might retighten
          > it for a photo
          > opp....some folks is vain that way.
          >
          > Coy Boy

        • Coy
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 1, 2006
            ah, now were talking about something completely different. adjusting the hammock up or
            down has nothing to do with the tighness...unless one tree is leaning in or out....

            Coy Boy

            Coy boy

            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Macri" <hacktorious@...> wrote:

            > It really makes life easier to adjust the hammock. All I have to do is
            > slide the loop up or down the tree. I can set it up high for sleeping, and
            > down low to cook, or whatever.
            >
            > --
            > Scott A. Macri
            > Trail Name: Mowgli
            > www.HikeHaven.com
            > http://360.yahoo.com/hacktorious
            >
            > On 8/1/06, Coy <starnescr@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > good. I am still mistified by how the netting was loose with the ridge
            > > line tight but leave it
            > > to a newbie to figure out how (LOL). seriously, I think now that you have
            > > solved the tree
            > > sliding you will quickly find the ideal tautness. Like Dave mentiond, the
            > > HH needs tight
            > > but dont over do it. I ususlly set mine up pretty tight and it sags some
            > > when i get in. i
            > > used to get out and retighten but i just leave it now. I might retighten
            > > it for a photo
            > > opp....some folks is vain that way.
            > >
            > > Coy Boy

          • Scott Macri
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 1, 2006
              Hmmm, really? I will have to mess with my hammock again tomorrow.