Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: First HH rain test

  • Scott Macri
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 1, 2006
      It seems fine now. It was bein caused from the way I was setting it up.
      --
      Scott A. Macri
      Trail Name: Mowgli

      On 8/1/06, Coy <starnescr@...> wrote:

      > Scott, how much material are we talking about here. A little loose
      > is normal. a lot loose is not. i ask because i had a HH with too
      > much material in the bed part as well as the net. I had to hang it
      > really high to keep it off the ground until I lenghtened the
      > interior ridge line about a foot. Then I needed a new fly to cover
      > it. But now I have a HH that is very comfortable (probably due to
      > the extra lenght).
      >
      > Coy Boy

    • Coy
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 1, 2006
        good. I am still mistified by how the netting was loose with the ridge line tight but leave it
        to a newbie to figure out how (LOL). seriously, I think now that you have solved the tree
        sliding you will quickly find the ideal tautness. Like Dave mentiond, the HH needs tight
        but dont over do it. I ususlly set mine up pretty tight and it sags some when i get in. i
        used to get out and retighten but i just leave it now. I might retighten it for a photo
        opp....some folks is vain that way.

        Coy Boy

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Macri" <hacktorious@...> wrote:

        > It seems fine now. It was bein caused from the way I was setting it up.
        > --
        > Scott A. Macri
        > Trail Name: Mowgli
        > www.HikeHaven.com
        > http://360.yahoo.com/hacktorious
        >
        > On 8/1/06, Coy <starnescr@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Scott, how much material are we talking about here. A little loose
        > > is normal. a lot loose is not. i ask because i had a HH with too
        > > much material in the bed part as well as the net. I had to hang it
        > > really high to keep it off the ground until I lenghtened the
        > > interior ridge line about a foot. Then I needed a new fly to cover
        > > it. But now I have a HH that is very comfortable (probably due to
        > > the extra lenght).
        > >
        > > Coy Boy

      • Coy
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 1, 2006
          After I hit send I though, if you dind't readjust the side tieouts after the top ridge line slid
          down the tree a little ways, that's probably why the bug netting was loose.

          Coy Boy

          > good. I am still mistified by how the netting was loose with the ridge line tight but leave
          it
          > to a newbie to figure out how (LOL). seriously, I think now that you have solved the tree
          > sliding you will quickly find the ideal tautness. Like Dave mentiond, the HH needs tight
          > but dont over do it. I ususlly set mine up pretty tight and it sags some when i get in. i
          > used to get out and retighten but i just leave it now. I might retighten it for a photo
          > opp....some folks is vain that way.
          >
          > Coy Boy
          >
          > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Macri" <hacktorious@> wrote:
          > >
          > > It seems fine now. It was bein caused from the way I was setting it up.
          > > --
          > > Scott A. Macri
          > > Trail Name: Mowgli
          > > www.HikeHaven.com
          > > http://360.yahoo.com/hacktorious
          > >
          > > On 8/1/06, Coy <starnescr@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Scott, how much material are we talking about here. A little loose
          > > > is normal. a lot loose is not. i ask because i had a HH with too
          > > > much material in the bed part as well as the net. I had to hang it
          > > > really high to keep it off the ground until I lenghtened the
          > > > interior ridge line about a foot. Then I needed a new fly to cover
          > > > it. But now I have a HH that is very comfortable (probably due to
          > > > the extra lenght).
          > > >
          > > > Coy Boy

        • Scott Macri
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 1, 2006
            It really makes life easier to adjust the hammock. All I have to do is
            slide the loop up or down the tree. I can set it up high for sleeping, and
            down low to cook, or whatever.

            --

            On 8/1/06, Coy <starnescr@...> wrote:

            > good. I am still mistified by how the netting was loose with the ridge
            > line tight but leave it
            > to a newbie to figure out how (LOL). seriously, I think now that you have
            > solved the tree
            > sliding you will quickly find the ideal tautness. Like Dave mentiond, the
            > HH needs tight
            > but dont over do it. I ususlly set mine up pretty tight and it sags some
            > when i get in. i
            > used to get out and retighten but i just leave it now. I might retighten
            > it for a photo
            > opp....some folks is vain that way.
            >
            > Coy Boy

          • Coy
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 1, 2006
              ah, now were talking about something completely different. adjusting the hammock up or
              down has nothing to do with the tighness...unless one tree is leaning in or out....

              Coy Boy

              Coy boy

              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Macri" <hacktorious@...> wrote:

              > It really makes life easier to adjust the hammock. All I have to do is
              > slide the loop up or down the tree. I can set it up high for sleeping, and
              > down low to cook, or whatever.
              >
              > --
              > Scott A. Macri
              > Trail Name: Mowgli
              > www.HikeHaven.com
              > http://360.yahoo.com/hacktorious
              >
              > On 8/1/06, Coy <starnescr@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > good. I am still mistified by how the netting was loose with the ridge
              > > line tight but leave it
              > > to a newbie to figure out how (LOL). seriously, I think now that you have
              > > solved the tree
              > > sliding you will quickly find the ideal tautness. Like Dave mentiond, the
              > > HH needs tight
              > > but dont over do it. I ususlly set mine up pretty tight and it sags some
              > > when i get in. i
              > > used to get out and retighten but i just leave it now. I might retighten
              > > it for a photo
              > > opp....some folks is vain that way.
              > >
              > > Coy Boy

            • Scott Macri
              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 1, 2006
                Hmmm, really? I will have to mess with my hammock again tomorrow.