Hennessy Knot Confusion

  • Scott Macri
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2006
      I recently came to a discovery. I was not tying the HH knot correctly. I
      didn't quite understand the instructions on the stuff sack so I consulted
      the internet. That was a mistake, because the website where I "learned" how
      to tie the knot was incorrect. I figured out it was not correct when I was
      trying to figure out why the darn strap kept sliding down the tree. After
      consulting Srgt Rocks website, I learned the correct method for doing it the
      Hennessy Way. LOL I am no longer having any issues with sag, knot tying,
      or quick and effortless adjustments.

      The difference in the two methods doesn't appear to be a big deal, but for
      me it made all the difference. Instead of wrapping the suspension cord
      around all the webbing wrappings, before tying the knot, I was only wrapping
      it around the portions with the loops.

      --
      Scott A. Macri
      Trail Name: Mowgli

    • jmgiv47
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2006
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Macri"
        <hacktorious@...> wrote:

        > I recently came to a discovery. I was not tying the HH knot
        correctly. I
        > didn't quite understand the instructions on the stuff sack so I
        consulted
        > the internet. That was a mistake, because the website where
        I "learned" how
        > to tie the knot was incorrect. I figured out it was not correct
        when I was
        > trying to figure out why the darn strap kept sliding down the
        tree. After
        > consulting Srgt Rocks website, I learned the correct method for
        doing it the
        > Hennessy Way. LOL I am no longer having any issues with sag,
        knot tying,
        > or quick and effortless adjustments.
        >
        > The difference in the two methods doesn't appear to be a big deal,
        but for
        > me it made all the difference. Instead of wrapping the suspension
        cord
        > around all the webbing wrappings, before tying the knot, I was
        only wrapping
        > it around the portions with the loops.
        >
        > --
        > Scott A. Macri
        > Trail Name: Mowgli
        > www.HikeHaven.com
        > http://360.yahoo.com/hacktorious

        Oh boy! Another chance to post my favorite url for the
        Hennessy 'knot'!! See this and all the Universe's secrets will be
        revealed...
        http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/hiking/sections/gear/shelter/hknot.
        htm

        john