Re: HH Straps

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2006
      It probably is tougher, but pretty much everybody I've heard of that's
      made their own hammock has used the 1" poly straps. So, they must
      work fine. I'll find out soon enough :P

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Macri" <hacktorious@...>
      wrote:

      > I just discovered the straps that come with the HH's are
      polyester-covered
      > Spectra. How does this compare to the poly straps? Just by visual
      analysis
      > the spectra seems tougher.
      >
      > --
      > Scott A. Macri
      > Trail Name: Mowgli
      > www.HikeHaven.com
      > http://360.yahoo.com/hacktorious

    • Scott Macri
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2006
        Yeah, me too. If I have to use a biner on the loops to prevent the
        suspension ropes from cutting into the polly, I might as well revisit the
        double ring system. LOL

        I need to get some materials this week. I am going to attempt to make a
        small test hammock for a child. I have to find some bug netting. I will
        likely use polly straps for it.