HH Straps

  • Scott Macri
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2006
      I just discovered the straps that come with the HH's are polyester-covered
      Spectra. How does this compare to the poly straps? Just by visual analysis
      the spectra seems tougher.

      --
      Scott A. Macri
      Trail Name: Mowgli

    • Keith
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2006
        It probably is tougher, but pretty much everybody I've heard of that's
        made their own hammock has used the 1" poly straps. So, they must
        work fine. I'll find out soon enough :P

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Macri" <hacktorious@...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31, 2006
          Yeah, me too. If I have to use a biner on the loops to prevent the
          suspension ropes from cutting into the polly, I might as well revisit the
          double ring system. LOL

          I need to get some materials this week. I am going to attempt to make a
          small test hammock for a child. I have to find some bug netting. I will
          likely use polly straps for it.