Photo Albums

  • Karen Sousa
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31 7:26 PM
      With the new Yahoo group format, I can no longer go in and delete the
      large size photos on each album. Because of this, our photo album is
      filling up faster than it ever has. We are at 65% capcity, up from 35%
      in March.

      When you post photos, please make sure that each one is less than
      35KB. If you need assitance with this, please email Ed or myself and
      one of us will help you. We have never had to delete photos because we
      are over capacity and would like to keep it that way!

      Thanks for your help in making this a great group!

      Karen

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
          Tim,

          Yours are fine - they are all in the 20KB range. To check what your file size is, go to photo albums, then check "list" next to view right below where it says photos. then you can click on an album, and you will see the file size.

          I only heard from one other person, but the photos were deleted so I can't check for them. If you are unsure if yours meets the guideline, please don't delete them - we really want to work with you.

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
            Mine were definitely way too big - a couple over a Mbyte. I just went
            ahead and took them down until I can find a method to compress them
            and still retain some amount of resolution. They weren't that
            important anyway :P

            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, karens62@... wrote:

            > Tim,
            >
            > Yours are fine - they are all in the 20KB range. To check what your
            file size is, go to photo albums, then check "list" next to view right
            below where it says photos. then you can click on an album, and you
            will see the file size.

            > I only heard from one other person, but the photos were deleted so I
            can't check for them. If you are unsure if yours meets the
            guideline, please don't delete them - we really want to work with you.

            > Karen

          • lakewood_matt
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
              Mine were too large as well. I will take care of this. I can downsize
              them easily enough, just didnt notice the size limit info.

              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <pulse_0ptional@...>

            • karens62@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
                There technically isn't a size limit on yahoo but there is if we want to be able to include as many photos as possible without anyone having to have to delete them. Check your photo size on the group page before you spend time manipulating - yahoo decreases the size of some automatically.