Re: Ropes on Trees (was Double Ring System)

  • Nathan Denn
    Message 1 of 121 , Jul 31, 2006
      I am a little behind on all the messages so hopefully I wont start anything up again. I use 1/2" tubular climbing webbing around trees. I wrap as many times as I can and finish with a water knot. I then clip my hammock into one or two of the wraps. I learned this when I took a recreational tree climbing course. www.treeclimbing.com I believe this also a type of anchor for climbing. It is very solid and I have yet to damage a tree. I have tried this on pine and oak trees alike.

      -Nate

      Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life.
      -John Muir

    • Fuzzy
      Message 121 of 121 , Aug 7, 2006
        Well, y'all have been talkative over the past week. The last message I
        read before leaving was 14883. I've got some catching up to do.

        Fuzzy