Re: My winter ideas....untested so far

  • Leo Hartley
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 27, 2006
      I use the No.4 snake skins and leave the undercover on.
      I then take the foam pad out and pack it separately. Maybe just buying the
      undercover and No 4 snakeskin would do and then you can add your other bits
      between the undercover and the hammock?? Just an idea...
      Leo
      Ben wrote:
      "Thanks for the comments and advice. I'll look on amazon for that book.
      Forget who said it, about the wind gaps, I was wondering about that. I
      was avoiding putting the pad inside to keep the interior less busy,
      but I guess I'll have to. What about SGT Rock's system of a truck
      reflector with an evazote pad on top inside your hammock? Or just an
      extra wide, long section of evazote? Wouldn't that do it? Would the
      wind get around/through an interior foam taco? I don't want to get the
      supershelter because I'm spending enough money as is getting ready for
      the AT and I love using the snakeskins and don't want to give them up.
      Thanks. Ben"